no power to the front wheels??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavy4dayz

i noticed the other week that my front wheels wherent under power when the truck was running except for when i picked it up. they would turn only until a grabbed the two of them and they would stop and the back would still spin. I thought it might have been a diff problem as the drive shaft was still turning, so i hauled my diff out and looked it over, there was nothing wrong and i actually was glad i pulled it out because i relized i hadnt did the spider gear swap. so after i did this and shimmed the diffs (twice i might add) still the same thing. I have checked my dogbone pins and the grubs that hold the drive cups . I'm running outta ideas here ,dose anyone kno what it could be?

just checked i have no grubs only the pins inside the diffs but i just held the back wheels and turned the front and it freewheeled and the i felt/heard a big snap coming from the trans then it worked again , until started it up and give it a shot of gass

checked everything then pulled apart the diff to find ouy yhe bevel gears where worn out
i replaced them and changed the grease out for some 750 wt

He sid the driveshaft was still spinning though.
Have you checked wheel hexes?

He also says the driveshaft stops when wheels are on the ground. I bet Mickey is right.....anytime a load is on it the wheels will stop caz the shaft is not firmly attached to the output cup on the trans..... and he heard a "sanp" sound and the wheels did turn for a bit......

He also says the driveshaft stops when wheels are on the ground. I bet Mickey is right.....anytime a load is on it the wheels will stop caz the shaft is not firmly attached to the output cup on the trans..... and he heard a "sanp" sound and the wheels did turn for a bit......

Okay. Didn't see that. Glad you found the problem cavy

Latest posts

Members online

Back