No hot start!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdh 14a

My savage 25 has done this a lot recently! it'll run lovely for a tank,i'll knock it off.go to have another session 10 minutes later and it will not start! any ideas?
Cheers.Paul :motorcycle:

:dmt: Yeah i think it'll start when its cold,will hopefully try it again later!
Can see me going for a Flux next then! although i love the sound of a Nitro and the smoke etc! are they that fragile these engines then?

well if its starting n running when its cooled off but dies once its heated up and wont start again till its fully cooled off again its time for a new motor id say ... try turning the fly wheel with your fingers once it dies n wont start and see if its really easy to turn ..no compresion left ...if it has none when its hot then its done ...its not that the motors are that fragile its just if ran to lean they heat up and it makes the piston n sleeve shrink n expand so they no longer fit snug .

Ok thanks,just thought it would sound rough if it was about to die! i'll try and film the sound tomorrow if i get it running! i'll also see if the fly is free.
Cheers and Merry Xmas.Paul

i had this problem once or twice way back when i first got the savage and found that i was tuning it way too lean causing an overheated condition and it wouldnt restart till it cooled off. it was also with a s25

i had this problem once or twice way back when i first got the savage and found that i was tuning it way too lean causing an overheated condition and it wouldnt restart till it cooled off. it was also with a s25

S i'll turn the screw to the right then to richen it up yeah? :beer:

Members online

Back