Nitro conversion to flux kit #102534 and other parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Can anyone find Parts? #102534

That kit has been discontinued for quite some time. Likely only place they will show up is ebay, and I don't presently see any there.

I see a lot of Nitro to Brushless conversions but none the other way around.

Is there a brushless/electric to nitro conversion kit that one can just drop in?

Not really it also depends on how extreme you wanna go with your build also.

I see. Would've been cool tho if they did have a kit for that. I've always been curious about nitro.

But I guess I could just look at the conversation process and just reverse engineer.

Would be awesome to be able to switch back and forth.

I was one of those guys that was hardcore nitro and thought nitro was better. But boy was I wrong and electric is the way the industry has gone. You can make more power faster and it's instant torque!

Plus... Reverse, literally plug and play no matter how long its been sitting, no mess, "tune" once and go regardless of weather.

Ok I guess I'm just mildly curious. Hehe

I like brushless power for my go to vehicles. If I could only have one rc though, it would be Nitro. I just enjoy them more for various reasons.

Yes I agree and I too still prefer nitro myself, the feeling smell and sound of having a real heartbeat, never gets old. You cant really drag you brake and give throttle at the same time to wip around rodeo style on any brushless truck most people i seen never even use the drag brake built it the esc other than rock crawlers.

And people love watching them nitro go, even more so for the kids. leaving a cloud of smoke everywhere just seconds after you already changed course is so much fun.

Its cool for me that the nitro power is there to go anywhere when needed, but not neck snapping like brushless, even ended up dialing down my esc over %50 on some setups, that still pop gears like they out of style

As for plug and play on LiPo i think thats not fully true. The battery do get old i don't think you can pull a truck outta closet 15 years later like nitro and fire it up, I'm not crazy about having batterys laying around that can burn my house down either

I find even way over powered brushless setups are so smooth compared to nitro. They just don't give you the same satisfaction.

With nitro you are more involved, tuning and such. Brushless you just open your wallet then get the gear ratio right... done.

I have been in the hobby over 30 years, got into nitro in about 1990 and really enjoy the engine side of it.... Tuning , the sounds and feel of nitro just does it for me.... I have Electrics also but my favorites of all are the big nitro rigs that always draw a crowd to see...

Try alza racing they do lots of parts and top quality, also use your imagination. One thing to consider is the more powerful the more you need to upgrade. I'm running a max5 on 8s so it's taken over a year to eliminate weak spots and upgrade, but trust me it's a monster now

I see a lot of Nitro to Brushless conversions but none the other way around.

Is there a brushless/electric to nitro conversion kit that one can just drop in?

Well as I am converting my nitro to brushless when I'm finihed I will be selling the nitro motor with all of the nitro parts as a set. I can let you know when I'm ready to sell if you want? With after run oil!

Last edited:
View attachment 4942
Removed almost everything nitro and getting ready for the brushless motor. Going to see if the 12pinion and 38spur will let me fit the motor and mounts in without changing the tvp's!

A new bashing buddy I met recently has a converted savage. Running a HW max8/2200kv motor on it. Pretty sure it's an old 25 savage. Whoever did the conversion made a 4mm plate and used a e-maxx transmission with the motor mounted to the stock motor plate. He used Arrma battery trays bolted to the sides of the chassis. I should have snapped a few photo's. I will if I meet up with him again. Pretty sure he used stock center axles with the HPI cups on the traxxas transmission. He had the trans pushed far to one side, so the axles were at a pretty good angle so they would fit without binding.

I think if I did the conversion on my X, I'd go with the alza center diff setup and figure something out for the battery trays.

View attachment 4942
Removed almost everything nitro and getting ready for the brushless motor. Going to see if the 12pinion and 38spur will let me fit the motor and mounts in without changing the tvp's!
I run 44T metal spurgear and 15T pinion on a converted savage with the original motor mount plate. Made an aditional 6mm vertical plate to attach the motor. Battery trays are from Ofna and fit 3S 5500mAh Lipos ok.

Attachments

• 20180503_195158.jpg
    20180503_195158.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 5
I run 44T metal spurgear and 15T pinion on a converted savage with the original motor mount plate. Made an aditional 6mm vertical plate to attach the motor. Battery trays are from Ofna and fit 3S 5500mAh Lipos ok.

Thanks I'm going to try that!

Did you just lock the transmission in top gear?

Is there any different between 2&3 speed gear conversion kit?? Even in the hpi web it mentioned as savage 4.6 conversion ki,
So coutany one help and thanks...
I have 2 savage xl & planning to convert one the electric,

Latest posts

Members online

Back