new tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dravage

been wonderin what tires you think are good for all around use on pavement,dirt,grass, etc i was thinking of dirt bonz or nubz after i use up my stock ones

well for grass or dirt the dirt bonz are great, just grab different foams to put in as the hpi foams are a bit to soft and tend to cause sidewallflexing...but I'm pretty sure the dirt bonz wouldnt last long running them on pavement, they would wear quickly i would think!! i've read on the forum here someone running them and tearing one open on a rock, and i have them on my x right now and there a VERY soft tire!!!! as far as on road tires I'm not to sure but someone will have some info for ya soon!!! i myself just bought a "onroad" set of tires for my x rtr so now i have the big hpi gt2's that were on the truck when i bought it for heavy bashing,then i have the dirt bonz for sand,grass and stuff and the new onroad ones are hotbodies slayer wheels with baller tires....which are on the way lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive beat my bonz on the road and they hold up very well to it. I like mulchers the best. But that is a tire to keep off the road. In the style your thinking I have used Nubs ,Bonz and crime fighters. Other than on the track I like the bonz w/yellow OFNA foams . On the track I like the fighters. If on grass snow mud and sand or going for big jumps I use my mulchers as they grab the best. I also have road rage ,Big joes , dirt claws, axail terrizers <--sp , I also have a set of the RTR jelly donuts worst tire I know of...

idk dravage, but i think your askin a lot out of a tire to go on both off-road & pavement. my losi zombies hook up great on all surfaces, but asphalt will shorten their life expectancy significantly. consider a set for asphalt & a set for off-road bro :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive beat my bonz on the road and they hold up very well to it. I like mulchers the best. But that is a tire to keep off the road. In the style your thinking I have used Nubs ,Bonz and crime fighters. Other than on the track I like the bonz w/yellow OFNA foams . On the track I like the fighters. If on grass snow mud and sand or going for big jumps I use my mulchers as they grab the best. I also have road rage ,Big joes , dirt claws, axail terrizers <--sp , I also have a set of the RTR jelly donuts worst tire I know of...

well thats good to know that the dirt bonz will hold up thanks bankrupter and yes i agree the rtr jelly donuts as you call them arent all that great but were on the x when i got it lol as i stated I'm running dirt bonz myself but thought maybe they would wear really fast and have never used any of the others named so not much help i guess.... but dravage you can never ask to many questions, were all here to help!!!!

I had good luck with my Zombies and thats the tire I would go with. The only downfall to them it ballooning. But packing tape with the strings (I believe it's fiberglass) in it on the inside of the tire helps that problem.

Here is a link to the Losi Zombie tires to show what they look like.
http://cloudclimberhobbies.com/store/product/889/LOSA7670R/

For a 40 series tire I like the Big Joes. They are a awesome bashing tire, but not so much for racing.

Here is a link to the Big Joes to show what they look like:
http://cloudclimberhobbies.com/store/product/908/PRO110300/

I like Mulchers for grass/dirt. Big Joe for just general bashing on and off pavement and Losi Road Rash for street only use. Zombies are great too, but I like em wide 40 series. If only Losi would make a 40 series Zombie and Maximizer made a rim to match wow.

i like the dirt claws it grip so good all scarfaces and it last for long time
also the dirt bonz is a vere good one

the bow ties are almost the same as dirt bonz but a lot cheaper i only gave 50 for all 4

ya i always thought the bow ties looked pretty much the same as dirt bonz but now i know for sure lol thanks for your input!!

nubs have a different side wall and are less "square" as the dirtbonz, imo the best type of these tires are the 40 series bowties.
i do like the dirtbonz tho, great all around tire.

thanks for the info really helps me out

Latest posts

Members online

Back