New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

Look what the Wife Bought me for Christmas....lol

YAY!!!

and just a few of the goodies i got for it. More are on the way, plan to have Head lights, 2 light bars a 2" and a 5" and a 1" one as well. Gunna be daylight when i do night runs lol....also will have blue underlighting as well. all the lights will be run off a separate 3s LiPo. 1600mah one

got it all put together, body just needs paint. and some other accessories put one, going with the 2 blues candy blue and a pearl blue and throwing in some Candy Purple as well. also painted the lettering on the tires looks pretty good.

Well got most of the lights on do have red lights in the back bumper and fog lights in the front can't see the to well though, and blue LEDs underneath. just 2 more left to get a Onetoomanyrcs light bar for the cargo area and one more 2" proline for the other side of the front bumper. All run off a separate 3s LiPo. All able to be turned on and off from my controller thanks to heyok electronics he even put in a low voltage warning too the lights flash when it gets to a certain voltage......So, think that's enough lol.

well got all the lights on and working. all working on a separate 3s LiPo

the incognito body mounts came (was finally able to order them)........

This is just the onetoomanyrcs light bar mounted pretty well to the roof rack just had to drill one new hole in each light bar mount.......

and this is with all the lights on........

and one with all them on from the front......

That wiring is a bit of a mess, but those lights look fantastic! Are you going to make a nighttime crawler run video to show it off?

Yeah the wiring is a bit of a mess but it disappears when the body goes on...Lol.
I was going to yes once the weather gets better.

3D printed my first interior part came out pretty well.....unfortunately i can't print all the parts it seems the parts are to big for my printer i chose poorly on my first 3D Printer. But i can print scale items and most of the parts too.

I've wanted one for a long time finally found one for a reasonable price.....And I just found a program that let me slice them in half I can print them and then glue them together. Hopefully *fingers crossed* lol.

well the slice and glue together seemed to have worked.....here is the dashboard i sliced and glued together quit happy with the result......so it should make printing bigger prints easier.

well all the printing has been finished, just need to mount it theyre just mocked up for the pictures. for having to cut the prints in half and gluing them together (fenders and dash) they turned out pretty good. had to trim some of the fenders do to not having stock shock towers but still a nice fit and didn't have to shave to much though.

i do have the steering wheel glued in just didn't take the picture

What make/model 3D printer do you all have? Any recommendations on what to watch out for in choosing one? TIA! Dave
Mine is Monoprice Select Mini
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=15365&seq=1&format=2

if i had to do it different i would look for a bigger print bed or print area, for a first printer this printer is great and the price is hard to beat for the quality of the prints you can get.....but like i said, do to the small print area i had to cut the dash and the fenders in half to be able to print them. i also had to cut other models up that i wanted to print too which makes it for longer printing. so my advise find what you want to print and get a printer that will be able to print them as a whole. so make sure your print area is big enough. i was really disappointed in my printer there for awhile till i found the right software that let me cut models in half. now its not so bad but something that has 4 parts could turn to 8 to 10 parts with this printer. also look for a printer that handles a variety of filaments ive been working with PLA right at the moment but there is all kinds.

Holy crap a pencil sharpener!!!

Yes, that was my take away from your pictures.

Kidding, awesome work @sharkattack99!
lol.....makes a great stand...lol

Mine is Monoprice Select Mini
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=15365&seq=1&format=2

if i had to do it different i would look for a bigger print bed or print area, for a first printer this printer is great and the price is hard to beat for the quality of the prints you can get.....but like i said, do to the small print area i had to cut the dash and the fenders in half to be able to print them. i also had to cut other models up that i wanted to print too which makes it for longer printing. so my advise find what you want to print and get a printer that will be able to print them as a whole. so make sure your print area is big enough. i was really disappointed in my printer there for awhile till i found the right software that let me cut models in half. now its not so bad but something that has 4 parts could turn to 8 to 10 parts with this printer. also look for a printer that handles a variety of filaments ive been working with PLA right at the moment but there is all kinds.

lol.....makes a great stand...lol

Where do you get the templates for parts such as a bumper? Do you design it in 3D yourself? Also, knowing nothing about 3D printers, what is PLA? TIA! Dave

Where do you get the templates for parts such as a bumper? Do you design it in 3D yourself? Also, knowing nothing about 3D printers, what is PLA? TIA! Dave

i look at these sites these are were i got what i printed, I'm still trying to figure out the design part myself. these are just the ones i know of.
www.pinshape.com (some you have to pay for i paid for the files for the fenders, dash and interior)
www.thingiverse.com (mostly free from what ive seen)
www.myminifactory.com (same with this one)

PLA is a type of Filament used in 3d printing most common is PLA and ABS this is a nice little guide and explanations of the different types of filament used....
https://all3dp.com/best-3d-printer-filament-types-pla-abs-pet-exotic-wood-metal/

i look at these sites these are were i got what i printed, I'm still trying to figure out the design part myself. these are just the ones i know of.
www.pinshape.com (some you have to pay for i paid for the files for the fenders, dash and interior)
www.thingiverse.com (mostly free from what ive seen)
www.myminifactory.com (same with this one)

PLA is a type of Filament used in 3d printing most common is PLA and ABS this is a nice little guide and explanations of the different types of filament used....
https://all3dp.com/best-3d-printer-filament-types-pla-abs-pet-exotic-wood-metal/

Thanks for the references. I have a little reading to do now... Dave

So I have been gone a long time, but back now. Is anyone printing parts and running them? I am printing a test Savage X arm in PLA right now. I woudlnt run PLA as it is hard but brittle. I was thinking Nylon at high infills. Anyone?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back