new project ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jj they could be made out of cf i am actually trying to find some on the cheap. man cf is expensive. it handles jumps pretty good as i was trying to roll it when i broke the wing mount and had to lock the brakes on in mid air to get it to land on its front bumper. 6 or 7 cartwheels later i had a busted wing. its the high speed handleing that amazes me no more roll overs when turning

time for an update
spent the xmas loot on a few items check this out
upgrades004.jpg

upgrades008.jpg

upgrades010.jpg

upgrades011.jpg

and the new rear servo location
upgrades013.jpg

Wow mickey! the paint job & wheels & tires really made it come to life. already repped ya on this thread bro. now, about my set of sidewinder tvps....lol

ahh man that things looks sick! The combination of the stance that Hellfire body and the badlands. Looks like it rips!

ahh man that things looks sick! The combination of the stance that Hellfire body and the badlands. Looks like it rips!

too much snow to test it right now.

another update got my shorter big bore shocks so now i can make my lowered shock towers to lower the stance even more. (thanks badasz )

time for an update on this build as i finally got some time to work on it. took some wieght out of the tvps and cut away unnessesary mateial but left enough to leave some strength in them. started loweing h shock towers and mounting the shocks this is gona be killer when its done.
sidewinder002.jpg

sidewinder004.jpg

sidewinder006.jpg

sidewinder011.jpg

sidewinder012.jpg

sidewinder017.jpg

sidewinder020.jpg

Man that is sweet, can't wait to see some vid of it mickey...

Mickey that thing is looking sweeter and sweeter. Keep the updates coming, I want to try a similar shock set-up on my TT tvp's and would like to know how those shocks handle some big jumps. If they bottom out alot, handle rough terrain well, how much body roll if any you have, etc. Like I said before keep those updates coming, i'm hooked.:resp::resp:

its a hybrid savage/truggy now, i like it. gonna be able to cook through corners rockout

wll i got the rear tower lowered and shocks installed looks sick in my opinion let me know what you guys think
feb24056.jpg

feb24054.jpg

feb24052.jpg

feb24049.jpg

feb24042.jpg

Swing low sweet chariot. Man that is one sick savage if I do say so myself. Let me know how that thing handles the rough stuff once you get a chance to really test it all out. Sweet, all I can say!!!:jamout::jamout:

well i got to do some high speed runs with this truck last night and all i have to say is not one scratch on the lid, it drifts like a dream . i need to adjust shock oils and such as it tends to push at speed but it does not want to roll at all. to use banks words this savy is no longer a brick on wheels

It is sounding good so far, I know it is still early but I have to think that thing is gonna rip some new a$$ at just about any track you can put it on, or in any backyard or bashing ground you would want to throw it at. I look forward to the updates.

mickey, all i can say is that is one of the sickest builds ive seen. right up my alley too cuz i love my savage & hellfire. you are in for a fun summer my friend.

ok time for a drivability update lol (unfortunatly no vid i forgot the camera ) but this thing turns off power like its on rails, the rear toe pulls it straight on power. hit some four foot snowbank jumps and it is very controllable in flight and lands with a light scrape of the skid. i think it will be great at the track in the summer . next weekend ill get some good video of this truck off the ramp and snowbanks , just for the video junkies out there lol

you will need a fine tooth blade speciically made for metal and slow speed on the jig saw. go to home depot or lowes and you will see blades designed for cutting metal,i think the color code is brown for metal if old blades use the same coding system as present

Latest posts

Members online

Back