new project ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the blade has 18 teeth per inch. it works wel but its hard to turn the cut or make corners so you have to plan ahead before cutting

i laid my savage xl plates over the aluminum that i had masking tape on, marked the front bulkhead holes. then i used a (icant remember the name of the tool but it draws circles) to keep the distance the same for the tranny bolts. mounting it as low as possible. used the same tool after measuring the rear xl dogbone and stock wheel dogbone and marked out the first hole for the rear bulkhead. using the xl plates again to get the holes right marked them and center punched them and started drilling

it was the only way i could think of doing it and it worked out pretty good i have 2 of the trans bolt holes elongated a bit as they were off but everything else lines up perfectly and the truck drives straight

ITS BACK

after blowin up the trans on the xl i figured i would stuff the K 4.6 back into the ol sidewinder. but of coarse i couldnt do it without throwin a few extra part and some changes at it.

sidewinderback002.jpg

sidewinderback003.jpg

here you can see TEE-WX's rear tie rod eliminator mod gonna find out how well this works
sidewinderback004.jpg

new hitec 625mg throttle/ brake servo
sidewinderback007.jpg

just a shot of the rear so everyone can see the wing mount and tower change
sidewinderback005.jpg

How does the tie-rod eliminator setup prevent the wheel from turning? Hard to tell form the pic. Let us know how it works for ya!

It sounds killer! If I were a nitro racer guy I so pick one up. I would like to see pictures when possiable too.

mine will only have a 125cc tank i like the wieght of it and i like to let the mills cool down and there are pics to be takin (when i remember the camera)

just to give everyone an update. no cf yet , but i did tell jason to take his time no rush i don't need the parts till spring. so i really don't expect to see anything untill then

Latest posts

Members online

Back