new project ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

just me
custom sidewinder build

ok just scored these 1/8" plates of 6065 aluminum and i have 2 savages hmmm can any one say custom project ? i was thinking along the lines of japans race savage with the sidemounted motor but use the savage trans i still want a basher but i want something different.
002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol crash wishes he built that that is sombody elses sweet project its called a thornator and mickey how about a savage with a center diff and so how bumpstart it ?

I'm open to all ideas the center diff would be cool but it has to be hpi based that is the one thing i want out of this. all hpi with some custom thinking.

crash, do you have a vid of that beast running? i would really like to borrow that & crash it into the guy at work that i hit with my savage & see the difference in human body damage ....

no, I have not found one yet

well i got started today on this project and got cut short by a burned up saw need a new one lol . got the tvps outline cut out now its on to the insides and lay out of the truck . i figured on using the savage trans which i will be able to do . I'm just putting it in the chassis as low as posible and with the engine on its side it will sit low enough that in gonna have to make a skid to protect the brakes. they will be hanging out the bottom of the truck . will add pics once the truck is together and running. should be good .

ok so i lied here are some pics of what i have been up to with the project .
savagelcg002.jpg

savagelcg003.jpg

savagelcg004.jpg

savagelcg005.jpg

savagelcg005.jpg

savagelcg006.jpg

savagelcg007.jpg

savagelcg008.jpg

savagelcg009.jpg

savagelcg011.jpg

savagelcg012.jpg

here is a shot next to my xl
savagelcg013.jpg

this shot shows the difference in ride hight the best
savagelcg014.jpg

savagelcg015.jpg

savagelcg019.jpg

mickey, that is a very interesting project .... never seen anything like that... what benefits does the side-mount offer over the conventional way? looks very well protected in there! nice work/very creative...very interested in seeing the completed project... + rep..

sweet should go fast, be durable, and handle well. You should get some short shock tower and get some proline, or buggy shocks on there. The truck would look just like a truggy.

its still a work in progress I'm workin on getting some shocks and modding the towers to lower them . well here are some update photos of where its at now. got the linkage to work with the brakes and throttle. trimmed down the one side tvp and got the reciever mounted.
savageupdate001.jpg

savageupdate002.jpg

savageupdate004.jpg

heres a little flex shot lol i need swaybars
savageupdate006.jpg

and a 11 second vid to show the linkages working

coming out nice mickey, your linkages are workin' real smooth... any idea when you are gonna run it?

well its snowing here so no vid yet and the sock savy exhaust manifold just wont work gotta get one from an xl or hellfire and mod that to get out the frame. gona put the air filter on and trim the other plate today and reoil the shocks to thicker oil.

Just saw this thread mickey and all I gotta say is sweeeet! I saw Japans when it first hit the forum and really liked it. I like how you have managed to keep it skinnier in the chassis and add the two speed aswell. Awesome work!

Very nice build, I really like the idea of mounting the engine sideways, maybe one day lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back