new project ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awsome build looking forward to the updates!!!

well i didnt get much done today had a side job on the go but i got the shocks reoiled with 70wt oil now thats more like it nice and stiff. and i made some tranny protection. pics
skid006.jpg

skid008.jpg

skid009.jpg

more tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
drill, jigsaw and some good files. on the 3rd jigsaw tho

gona extend a savage xl exhaust manifold and put it through the frame as low as possible

got some hell fire shocks on the way then ill make some custom shock mounts to lower them down, hellfire drx body on route as well

sounds sweet, keep up the good work. If you plan on racing this i would also shave the knuckles and get some cvd's. It really helps on corners, made my truck go around corners a million times nicer.

you might have a problem with the bogbones falling out or getting jammed in the front when u shave the knuckles. Just don't turn to tight before u get cvd's. :)

wel i got some more done to the truck tonight got the air filter figured out. i put it together with a 90 degree fitting when i need a 45 degree fitting so i have to run to the hardware store tomorrow. but i put it together anyways just to show how iwas gona make the filter work. i also slapped a wing on there for asthetic purposes. enjoy
007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

kinda lookin like sammys truck at this point lol but i have to order another wing

don't worry about the fuel hose at this point i just put it in there to get ideas on how to run it through the truck

yep... said it before, great build coming along nicely...cant wait to see it run...

Nice build!! Check mine out in the pics and vid section (my collection). I did not know about these, I thought my small block sidewinder was the first. I thought very wrong!!! I had trouble with the header also, I just used some copper tube for now till I get my tig welder fixed. Very nice build!!

more work to the truck last night, i got the other tvp trimmed. installed the adjustable upper arms (that i got new at the lhs for 5 bucks ) . still waiting for my exhaust manifold which will be in on friday of this week so I'm hopin for running vids on sat. i also installed a pullstart
023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

well i got the paint mocked up on the body gona be black and green. also got the header today so i should have it running friday or saturday. the weather is supposed to be nice here so a vid may happen
savybody002.jpg

savybody004.jpg

ok well it runs need to do some throttle mods to get WOT but it works
savage003.jpg

savage001.jpg

and a short vid nothing special with freezing rain just to shake it down. drivin and camera man all me

so i got the linkage prob fixed and painted the body. got it out and ran it some more .
pics
savage009.jpg

savage008.jpg

savage011.jpg

savage018.jpg

savage016.jpg

here is the vid that was shot by my girlfriend (carefull one bad word when i almost ran into her )

a small update but no pics yet. i fried the servo that runs the trottle and brakes . actually melted it would be more correct so i have had to relocate it away from the exhaust. unfortunatly its now on the outside of the tvp. behind the head of the motor . also busted my wing mount , can someone point me in the right direction of a good wing mount.

Man that thing looks sweet with that hellfire body, I have been watching this thread from day one and all I can say is freakin' sweeeeeet man, can't wait for some more updates. You have inspired me to try this for the ultra-low cg, let us know how the handling is on say some 5-6ft jumps, whoops, etc. Also. could these possibly be made of CF to save some weight or do you think the aluminum would hold up better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back