Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsauls

I just recently bought a used savage4.6 and it ran great when i test drove it but since i got it home it has not been happy about running at all. I have torn the motor completely apart and it will run great for a little bit but then wont seem to want to idle all over again. I'm at a loss I'm to rhe point where I'm ready to replace the carb... Any suggestions or does anyone have a good carb theyd like to sell. Thanks for any help i could really use it

U can definately feel the compression, i have a hairline crack on the stem of my car so i think it may be leaking air but at the same time to get it to run at all i have to lean it way out so an air leak doesnt sound plausable because if that wa the case wouldnt i have to richen it up to compensate for more air than is expected

Does the engine have good compression when it is cold or hot? I'm asking because one of my motors will start and run fine until it warms up the everything expands. Then it stops running.

I had the same thing happen when my mil got a little older. It would run great and seem to have plenty of power but after it was hot it lost most all of its compression. I could only get about two minutes of running before I had to let it cool all the way down and start it up again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back