Need help with steering upgrade - Savage XL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

306goose1976

I am going to upgrade the steering on my XL.
I plan on shaving the hubs, axle carriers, etc. I am going to upgrade the servo to maybe a Hitec with an aluminum horn. I will order the aluminum bellcrank/servo saver kit, and finally a set of aluminum tie rods.
One more part I would like to upgrade is the short link that connects the servo to the bellcrank, but I can't find anyone that sells an aluminum rod or upgrade for this. Does anyone know wher eI can find a replacement for this?
Any other ideas or suggestions that will help me improve the steering system on the Savage XL?

Yeah definately need the bearings, I believe they come in the Integy Aluminum bellcrank set. Thanks.

Good I was going to mention the bearings.

As far as the steering link I've seen a few guys use the Baja linkage (hpi85467)

This picture is from FX's build <<<--Clicky
DSCN1804.jpg

i did what dooley did, works perfect, mine has revo rod ends, you can also order just about any lenght turnbuckle from lunsford, that will NEVER break

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay away from the integy rods. They don't have enough movement. I have a set I will be glad to sell you if you really want them.
Also there are better steering setups than the integy. The integy setup locates the bearings too close together and will eventually allow more movement and slop.
+1 on adjusting your end points so that the bones don't fall out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back