Need help fast!, what glow plug for axial .28 will os #8 fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat778

Just need to know what glow plug to use it doesnt say in the instructions so, i do have a O.S #8 here that i have spare so if u can use that then sweet but if not let me know plz

sweet as, I'm not driving it in the sahara desert and I'm not driving in the antartic so medium should work :p

tom, fyi plug 'temp' (like your cold plug) relates to the percentage of nitro in the fuel that you burn.

ex. higher nitro content, use a colder plug. lower content, uses warmer/hotter plug. outside temp affects your tune. colder weather, run richer.

The OS #8 will work but it is a "short" plug. It will not sit flush with the bottom of the dome and will lower compression a bit resulting in a little less power, not the best choice but will work in a pinch.

The OS #8 will work but it is a "short" plug. It will not sit flush with the bottom of the dome and will lower compression a bit resulting in a little less power, not the best choice but will work in a pinch.

great point pure

Is there any easy way to measure the compression ratio to get peak performance from these mills?

i use the mccoy #9 with my axial 28. 25% odonell. temps in the 240-260 after a good high throttle sprint...

If you don't use a long plug your engine will run hotter with no increase in performance. Been there, done that. Run a long plug or your engine will suffer.
Call Axial and they will tell you the same thing.

What plug do you guys recommend for the LRP Z.28 running 20%?

If you don't use a long plug your engine will run hotter with no increase in performance. Been there, done that. Run a long plug or your engine will suffer.
Call Axial and they will tell you the same thing.

so what plug would that be?

just took the axial for a run after break in, a few little things for me to sort out, my brakes are horrible, i need to set up the linkage a bit beter, i need a zuast for the axial, atm I'm using a temporary fail system that leaks from the manifold haha so yeh i wanna limit its usage untill i get a beter pipe

Latest posts

Members online

Back