My Savage XL build is on hold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep71

Hello Guys I have not posted about my XL build for awhile. the project is on hold waiting for a back order at Amain Hobby,

@Zep71, might want to cancel your AMain order if you can, there are several listings for the HPI86248 on both Amazon and eBay.
Thank you Woodie I have looked into those the one's on ebay are here in the USA i bought those the ones on Amazon have will take up to 6 weeks. i bought 1 set from them I need 4 sets, so i will leave my Amain order active. i am also beefing up my Savage X no hurry on that.

Don't buy from activepowersports. I ordered a set of the longer SHD axles from them a month or so ago when I snapped one of mine off. A week later, nothing. Check the order, nothing. Sent them an email, they said they were on back order. Even though their site still said in stock. I was at least able to cancel the order and go another route. Worked out in my favor as they were overcharging for them a bit, $39 shipped for 2 extended outer axle cups/shafts. Ended up getting them from LargScaleRC.com for $32 shipped.

I just checked, LCRC doesn't have the short ones in stock anymore... or the long ones. lol

Don't buy from activepowersports. I ordered a set of the longer SHD axles from them a month or so ago when I snapped one of mine off. A week later, nothing. Check the order, nothing. Sent them an email, they said they were on back order. Even though their site still said in stock. I was at least able to cancel the order and go another route. Worked out in my favor as they were overcharging for them a bit, $39 shipped for 2 extended outer axle cups/shafts. Ended up getting them from LargScaleRC.com for $32 shipped.

I just checked, LCRC doesn't have the short ones in stock anymore... or the long ones. lol
I will not buy anything from Activepowersports i had to file a claim with paypal for the same item you were looking at extended axles i found them at Vortex Hobbies can't remember the price.

Why not just run the regular X axles until you can find some xl replacements?

I never had much problems with them on a nitro powered savage even with really big tires, as seen here

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    456.4 KB · Views: 5
Why not just run the regular X axles until you can find some xl replacements?

I never had much problems with them on a nitro powered savage even with really big tires, as seen here
I built this truck from scratch and when i bought the dog bones i bought heavy duty they don't fit in the standard out drive cups.

Latest posts

Members online

Back