My desertoby 17 conversion "black beast" :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

I recently ordered a Desertboy 17 conversion from GCM making my Flux almost 1/6 th scale

here's my build in pics and some comments:

--> 1st i widened the axles with the integy XL hub carriers en XL x wide axles.

28mikxl_th.jpg

105wql1.jpg

then the chassis

2aeqr0g.jpg

desertboy 17 conversion chassis made by gcm

batteries are now inside the chassis

207w87b.jpg

steeringpost mount:

2nai9g6.jpg

servo mount en esc mount

2s7dyjp.jpg

esc mount & reciever mount in progress ;)

2i74bqc.jpg

my receiver is now in my Rusty receiver box so its safe and my antenna is attached to the chassis.

2uik9w9.jpg

batteries inside the chassis but i need better straps (that has been taken care of now)

zko6l0.jpg

allmost complete... still needed XL body in fiberglassssss.....

jzxugj.jpg

home made skidplate:

2iu49yo_th.jpg

the finished BEAST!!!!

vg1yz7.jpg

5u3jue.jpg

just made some runs with it and its great! handles like a charm, doesnt roll over anymore, no wheelies on 4cells but still on 6cells its great! now i cna really enjoy driving it and its still loads of fun, i'll post some vids when they're ready!

cheerz!

P

just wanted to suggest introducing yourself in the new members section so everyone gets a chance to say hello!! and i must say thats one sweeet looking truck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for the comments!

I love the evil look it has hehe , a bit like the punisher on wheels :)

the body is made by Alan Woodall from the UK, 3mm thick polyester.
you can contact him on ebay: http://myworld.benl.ebay.be/grpcraftsman/

they arent cheap but worth it!

cheerz and thanx for the welcome!

thanx alot! tonight i'm going to edit some footage so hopefully they will be online this night :)

cheerz!

i run both on 6 and 4 cells :) on 6 cells it still pops wheelies like before and the agressiveness is awesome to say the least but 4 cells is more for just driving fun especially in the woods where i don't have alot of space and do more crawling over some trees and in ditches and stuff :)

still no vids coz my program doesnt seem to work anymore *************!!!!

Actually that's Belgian ebay but the seller is located in the UK. (you can change .be to .com to get the US link)

well i have some problems with it it has cracks all over the body and the holes for the bodyposts are cracking also so its a hard shell with no flex and if you bash it tends to brake instead of flexing ;)

i'll order a proline baja body for it next time!

hello hello, i added some mods to my desertboy, here they are ;-)

I added a big scale servo coz i found my standard high torque servo couldnt really hold up the big wheels and weight. Broke the gears on my previous HT servo so i wanted something that suited the truck better. Since it's almost big scale the choice was pretty obvious...

4ij6dh.jpg

I cutted some alu and painted it black to mount the servo to the chassis and underneath the servo there's also a plate to support it, solid as a rock (i hope hehe)! I also used a 1/10th scale tie rod and made an alu servo arm to complete the servo setup.

bg4vbt.jpg

you see it's a big lump on the side so i was kinda worried the balance would be disturbed at the front , the servo weighs approx 200grams so i changed the esc position to the opposit side... its approx the same weight.

71u536.jpg

you can see on the pics i also added LST shocks with the IRC conversion. They fit the truck like a charm now but don't know yet how they will handle but i changed the pistons and the oil in them and they repsond almost like the big bores so i'm pretty confident about them.

here's a pic of the whole setup without wheels.

11lo1gz.jpg

more pics with body and wheels will folow soon, hope you like it so far!

P

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe thanx i *tuuuut* love it! :)

And Freddy, i finally weighed it...

4.9kgs without batteries, wheels and body so thats pretty ok if you ask me...

wheels, body and batteries +/- 3.4kgs

so in total 8.3 kgs still pretty ok i think :)

hehe thanx i *tuuuut* love it! :)

And Freddy, i finally weighed it...

4.9kgs without batteries, wheels and body so thats pretty ok if you ask me...

wheels, body and batteries +/- 3.4kgs

so in total 8.3 kgs still pretty ok i think :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does 8.3k = 18.29818 US pounds?

wowzers! mine is just shy of 13# or 5.9 kilos. hope you don't crash yours into mine caz you blow it to smithereens.

your trucks got a killer look to it. very different. i like it.

lol i don't bash other Savages ;)

just drove it for about 5 mins then crashed into a small branch sticking out and broke my steering link... lol BAD LUCK?!?!?

and you always forget something when you're out there... PFFFFFFF LOLZ :)

How are you doing.??? Remember i asked you how to do the body mount coil mod...???

I had an attempt but i think my stock body mounts are a little short? I tried using the my existing Bigbore small springs.

Could you give me a little write up and maybe some close up pics???

Much appreciated... This is needed when running these fibre glass bodies.

THANKS

Josh

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back