My desertoby 17 conversion "black beast" :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

I recently ordered a Desertboy 17 conversion from GCM making my Flux almost 1/6 th scale

here's my build in pics and some comments:

--> 1st i widened the axles with the integy XL hub carriers en XL x wide axles.

28mikxl_th.jpg

105wql1.jpg

then the chassis

2aeqr0g.jpg

desertboy 17 conversion chassis made by gcm

batteries are now inside the chassis

207w87b.jpg

steeringpost mount:

2nai9g6.jpg

servo mount en esc mount

2s7dyjp.jpg

esc mount & reciever mount in progress ;)

2i74bqc.jpg

my receiver is now in my Rusty receiver box so its safe and my antenna is attached to the chassis.

2uik9w9.jpg

batteries inside the chassis but i need better straps (that has been taken care of now)

zko6l0.jpg

allmost complete... still needed XL body in fiberglassssss.....

jzxugj.jpg

home made skidplate:

2iu49yo_th.jpg

the finished BEAST!!!!

vg1yz7.jpg

5u3jue.jpg

just made some runs with it and its great! handles like a charm, doesnt roll over anymore, no wheelies on 4cells but still on 6cells its great! now i cna really enjoy driving it and its still loads of fun, i'll post some vids when they're ready!

cheerz!

P

just wanted to suggest introducing yourself in the new members section so everyone gets a chance to say hello!! and i must say thats one sweeet looking truck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for the comments!

I love the evil look it has hehe , a bit like the punisher on wheels :)

the body is made by Alan Woodall from the UK, 3mm thick polyester.
you can contact him on ebay: http://myworld.benl.ebay.be/grpcraftsman/

they arent cheap but worth it!

cheerz and thanx for the welcome!

thanx alot! tonight i'm going to edit some footage so hopefully they will be online this night :)

cheerz!

i run both on 6 and 4 cells :) on 6 cells it still pops wheelies like before and the agressiveness is awesome to say the least but 4 cells is more for just driving fun especially in the woods where i don't have alot of space and do more crawling over some trees and in ditches and stuff :)

still no vids coz my program doesnt seem to work anymore *************!!!!

Actually that's Belgian ebay but the seller is located in the UK. (you can change .be to .com to get the US link)

well i have some problems with it it has cracks all over the body and the holes for the bodyposts are cracking also so its a hard shell with no flex and if you bash it tends to brake instead of flexing ;)

i'll order a proline baja body for it next time!

hello hello, i added some mods to my desertboy, here they are ;-)

I added a big scale servo coz i found my standard high torque servo couldnt really hold up the big wheels and weight. Broke the gears on my previous HT servo so i wanted something that suited the truck better. Since it's almost big scale the choice was pretty obvious...

4ij6dh.jpg

I cutted some alu and painted it black to mount the servo to the chassis and underneath the servo there's also a plate to support it, solid as a rock (i hope hehe)! I also used a 1/10th scale tie rod and made an alu servo arm to complete the servo setup.

bg4vbt.jpg

you see it's a big lump on the side so i was kinda worried the balance would be disturbed at the front , the servo weighs approx 200grams so i changed the esc position to the opposit side... its approx the same weight.

71u536.jpg

you can see on the pics i also added LST shocks with the IRC conversion. They fit the truck like a charm now but don't know yet how they will handle but i changed the pistons and the oil in them and they repsond almost like the big bores so i'm pretty confident about them.

here's a pic of the whole setup without wheels.

11lo1gz.jpg

more pics with body and wheels will folow soon, hope you like it so far!

P

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe thanx i *tuuuut* love it! :)

And Freddy, i finally weighed it...

4.9kgs without batteries, wheels and body so thats pretty ok if you ask me...

wheels, body and batteries +/- 3.4kgs

so in total 8.3 kgs still pretty ok i think :)

hehe thanx i *tuuuut* love it! :)

And Freddy, i finally weighed it...

4.9kgs without batteries, wheels and body so thats pretty ok if you ask me...

wheels, body and batteries +/- 3.4kgs

so in total 8.3 kgs still pretty ok i think :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does 8.3k = 18.29818 US pounds?

wowzers! mine is just shy of 13# or 5.9 kilos. hope you don't crash yours into mine caz you blow it to smithereens.

your trucks got a killer look to it. very different. i like it.

lol i don't bash other Savages ;)

just drove it for about 5 mins then crashed into a small branch sticking out and broke my steering link... lol BAD LUCK?!?!?

and you always forget something when you're out there... PFFFFFFF LOLZ :)

How are you doing.??? Remember i asked you how to do the body mount coil mod...???

I had an attempt but i think my stock body mounts are a little short? I tried using the my existing Bigbore small springs.

Could you give me a little write up and maybe some close up pics???

Much appreciated... This is needed when running these fibre glass bodies.

THANKS

Josh

Latest posts

Members online

Back