mt2 18ss engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep99099

I have an mt2 18ss w/ tsais pipe i got a good 4-5 years ago and idled maybe 1-2 tanks of 20% through it. then it sat for a good 4-5 years...

I just today put some new fuel (30%) in it and it fired up and idled ok but when i take the glow plug igniter off it dies, or if the igniter is on and i give it just a touch of throttle it dies.

ive been searching the net and cant find anything about default HSN/LSN settings.

Was thinking maybe since it sat for so long with that old fuel in there that I may need to take the engine apart and clean it?

Anyone got any tips to get this little bugger runnin?

the truck does not move..i believe the clutch shoes are properly installed...the clutchbell spins freely, what else should i be checking

I would start with the glow plug for whatever it's worth - since it has been sitting so long, it is likely no good... From there, reset the engine to factory needle settings...

As for the clutch - pull the engine out and pull the clutch bell - see if the shoes will move when you try to move them by hand...

Let us know how you make out!

Bob

I plug the exhaust with my finger and yank the pull start to prime it, i cannot get fuel to the carb...and there is no pressure from the exhaust when i let my finger off, must be an air leak somewhere on the engine?

this happened to me before, i turned the HSN all the way out and removed it, blew fuel up to the carb, put it back in, then i could do it, only happened on my hpi engine though

Latest posts

Members online

Back