Motor Saver Filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

Motor Saver Filters, Inc.

template10_r1_c1-1.gif

www.motorsaver.com
Price: $19.99
Part number: SAV100

This is the new filter from Motor Saver for the Savage trucks.
First it is a big plastic Filter. I will be testing this on my Race Savage and Brian's Race Savage. I am not going to run the Filter Head on but have it off to the side for air flow to the filter element and cooling for the motor. Lets look at the internals on the filter w/ a stock type air filter as a reference.
First pic from Motor Saver Web Site.
cross_section_bq.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

Its design mimics other pre-filter set ups but the pre-filter in this case is molded into the filter body. This is nice for cleaning. I hate pulling the pre-filter on the Baja to clean it just because I don't like fighting with it.
Here are a few pics on the Savage.

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

I like the fit off to the side. To go in line with it is a little hard on the X style radio box do to the lid key. The one thing I don't like so far is how thin the frame and rear area is. A good body off impact and there is a good chance of crush damage. If I had 2 of these I would test impact damage but for now I have one and this will be run up tests. I am going to try and do some flow tests to see if you loose and airflow compared to a stock filter. So the testing will begin next weekend:)

Well it has been a bit but this is where I am. Here are some pics of the filter on Brian's Rossi 28-3. Filter to Filter it is hard to tell where the gain is. Trying to get a hold of my buddies radar gun and see if there is a difference on top end. Not sure if the radar will pick it up do to with either filter the trucks at it's max speed. Final drive gearing and the motor winding out will only let it go so fast. I am going to do an airflow test on it to see who pushes more air. I can already pretty much guarantee that the Motor Saver will over the stock or Fioroni filter. I can also say if you run body off and do a hard hit on any surface that has bite like gravel the plastic pieces on the filter will take some heavy damage depending on the severity of the hit. The parts do have resilient features but that only goes so far. I will be doing the next tests soon and will have video up soon also. But so far I give it a thumbs up.
DSC01822.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good bud. Nice looking filter, huge but nice. Can't wait to run it but have have fun testing it.

i like them off to the side as well, am looking forward to hearing more about these...

For $20 bucks I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't run one of these NEW Motor Saver Filters. A filter that not only provides better protection from from elements from entering the carb but is a true 3 stage filter. I have 2 sets of these going out for review. What is there not to like or appreciate?

Great pics John. This is a no brainer as an essential upgrade. Click on the Banner above and order Yours Today.

think i'll grab 1 off the shelf at the LHS & giver 'er a try...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back