Moderators and Product testers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

OK guys, you are going to help us pick a new moderator and a couple product testers. The mod can't be a tester. Site jester, Lifter and Sami. Are doing tests. The product testers need to be just members. Give us some names on who you think will be a good candidate for these positions. Product testers will be delayed until the latest reviews are in. I still have a stack of products from HPI for some people to test. I will say 3 testers and 1 mod.

what exactly does a moderator do? if i lived in the states i would volunteer to test products no problem!! think it would be interesting and alot of fun but i think someone even more knowledgebale then me might be better lol

Last edited by a moderator:
product knowledge isn't a main concern for the simple fact that there is a difficulty level with some products and to have a Savage owner with less experience try a product can give a lot of in site to new owners on how hard a product is to install and how much abuse it can take with a newer driver. As for mods they get rid of spammers and move threads around to where they belong on the forum.

Guys I have sent items to England and Canada. It's not a big deal. I just have to watch shipping costs or I will have to deal with my wife.

DS, crash, mondragon, sj. Plenty of people deserving.

to bad there isn't more room for more testers, it sounds like a great job!

crash,ds and i can think of more,its going to be hard to pick one,i like to be a tester sounds cool

I won't vote for myself but I wouldn't mind doing either.

I would have to say crash, mondodragon, and many others......

I Was Actually Thinking About Mentioning U Hpi_savage25 As U Race And Bash So I Think U Would Have A Lot Of Opportunities To Test Products And U Have A Fair Knowledge Of Nitro As Well!!

I Was Actually Thinking About Mentioning U Hpi_savage25 As U Race And Bash So I Think U Would Have A Lot Of Opportunities To Test Products And U Have A Fair Knowledge Of Nitro As Well!!

I would love to be able to test products. Like you said I race and bash and when you do both its hard to have a racer AND a basher. But I will have to wait and see just like the rest of us.

I nominate crash as a mod. I myself, I wouldn't mind being a tester. There are alot of construction sites where I'm at and I put some abuse in on my truck. And, I'm somewhat of a newby, but quickly learning. I've already lost track of the number of times I've had to tear my truck apart and fix something. Or, upgrade it.

I'm always happy to help. I don't have all the answers but, I can make em up as we go. lol

Who's doing editing of the reviews? I am not volunteering but a good editor can make anything good.

there is plenty of room for testers i just gotta get some back before i send out more.

i was thinking about doing a review of my xtm 457 engine!! its a really fair priced engine ($160) and power that will blow your mind!! so when i install it and start the break in i was going to do a write up about my experience and all the specs of this engine!! what do u guys think??? if u'd rather leave the reviews up to the real "testers" then thats ok to!!

I would like to here about that mill,i am trying to find a new one so when it comes time to replace it i know which one to get

This is the format I use for my reviews, feel free to use it as well

I have had my Axial .28 for a while now and wanted to share my thoughts on it. Before I begin I will list the parts I used on my Axial .28, this includes anything that is important to the engines performance

Fuel - Trinity Monster Horsepower 20%
Glow Plug - The Real McCoy MC-8
Flywheel - Stock HPI Flywheel
Clutch Springs - Mugen 1.0mm Springs
Clutch Shoes - Aluminum Nova 3 Shoe Clutch (No Weights)
Clutch Bell - Robinson Racing 18 Tooth Clutch Bell
Pipe - Stock HPI Tuned Pipe
Gearing - 18/49

The Crack Down

Low End- 9/10
Comments - Just as I rated it, hauls butt from a dead stop.

Mid-Range - 9/10
Comments - If you are a good tuner the Axial .28 has a mid-range needle. The stock setting for the mid-range is good, but once I tuned it it really shined.

High End - 7/10
Comments - Just as I heard the Axial .28's top end was good but when compared to other high end motors the Axial lacks a screaming high end. Don't misunderstand me, the Axial flys, big time but I have run engines that have more top end than the Axial .28 so that is why it gets 7/10

Tuning - 10/10
Comments - The Axial .28 is easy to tune, and holds a tune like none other.

Price - 10/10
Comments - At $110 can you go wrong? I think not.

Price To Performance - 10/10
Comments - You get amazing performance for an amazing price.

Quality - 9/10
Comments - The engine sports some beefy internals but there was one problem I had. A few air leaks were found in the carb and the back plate. Not to worry all I did was seal the engine (Which is easy, the hardest part is waiting for it the dry) and I was good. Those air leaks were the only thing preventing it from getting a 10/10.

Final Thoughts

The Axial .28 was easy to break-in and the needles were all in the right range. I began going full throttle and was impressed by the power of this engine. Once break-in was finished I began tuning it and once again was impressed by the how easy it was to tune. I have put a gallon through it and is still running strong. Great pinch, tons of power and still easy to tune. The Axial .28 sports a 3 needle carb, low end, mid range, high end, and an idle. Bottom line, the Axial .28 is a true performer. It is a fast, strong, reliable engine and in my opinion is one of the best engines out there. I would recommend this engine to anyone in a heart beat. Whether it be a beginner or a seasoned veteran it as a great engine for anyone.

Latest posts

Members online

Back