modding stock shocks for better control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey max did u leave the plastic clip on or did u remove that clip? i removed my clip and lowered the truck..... p.s yes I'm a noob just got the truck 2 days ago lol

when I'm long jumping or high jumpong i leave the clips on so it stiffens them up alot more .. but when I'm doing say park running and want a smoother turning n such i take them out ...try both n see how you like it depending on your way of running .... they can easily be removed or put on...

I just did this and WOW the truck looks like its gonna do some nice power slides. I sure hope it does. Originally i stretched the stock springs out of curiosity and it did stiffen the ride and took out a lot of body roll but it was still pretty top heavy. So tonight i did this mod and used 3.4in fuel line, took out the small preload springs and left one large spacer up front and two in the rear. Cant wait to see how it rides. The A arms are parallel with the ground now.

You'll have no more roll overs at all or very little. I never roll mine even on pavement at full throttle and power sliding it. You'll love not having to run to go flip your truck over on every turn lol. Let us know how it goes.

This mod works extreemly well. After some use i have noticed that the truck sits higher than it did right after i did the mod. Any idea what caused that? The rear is also just a tad higher but not as much as the front. I used fuel line that fit very snug over the shaft.

Might be the fuel line scrunched up inside. Idk mines never done that. I use thick fuel line not the thin walled stuff like stock gray line that comes on the truck. The black shock stopper works great to. But I'm thinking only way for it to raise truck back up is the tuning crunchd up or got a split in it.

Might be the fuel line scrunched up inside. Idk mines never done that. I use thick fuel line not the thin walled stuff like stock gray line that comes on the truck. The black shock stopper works great to. But I'm thinking only way for it to raise truck back up is the tuning crunchd up or got a split in it.

Ok thanks. Ill see if i can get a hold of some extra stoppers. What would be a good weight oil for bashing? I used the extra oil that came with the rtr kit but i think it was the same as what came in the shocks.

The weight you'll use depends on your climate cold or got where your at ect. I'm in Arizona where its reduculously hot so I use thicker oil for bashing and when at the dunes I run thinner oil for a faster shock reaction. I like 30wt and whe in the fines I actualy mixmy own oil. Transmission fluid with regular car oil till I get the consistentcy why like.

I took them apart to check out what happened and the fuel ttube pretty much got really soft and fell to pieces. I used a much thicker tubing this time.and its sitting nice and low. If it happens again ill use rubber stoppers.

I might start experimenting with different weight oils. I'm in Houston and its hot as balls.

Lol yeah I heard others using fuel line with similar problems. But when you use the thic line it dnt do any thing sbd keeps it nice n low I used same line in a few sets of my shocks n never had to replace it. Yeah I been all over Texas so yeah its hot as hell there like here in Arizona. Use thick fluid it seems to work the best in our high temps.

Great mod, i just completed this on my truck and it handles heaps better but i can no longer do wheelies. Not sure if this is due to the suspension or my truck running rich.
Have you guys had the same thing happen when doing this mod??

Hi, I'm new to this game and would like to do this mod but can't see the pictures to make sure I have it right. I'm not sure how to dismantle the shock (I've removed it from the car) so I can put the tube on it. Can someone please help?
Thanks

It's ok I've managed to work it out .
Mod done just need to take it out for a blast and hopefully it won't flip over

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back