modding o.s. vg 30 es

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RavageXL

hey guys kind of new to the engine modding. i was wondering how powerful this engine is compared to other .30's like the lrp and stuff. i don't want to go back to pull start if i don't have to(hate the skin ripping off my fingers lol). but compared to other 30's how would this be. i heard the o.s. is a great motor,makes lots of power and holds tunes well. and will it be harder to tune once modded. i have an xl and just want something really powerful and i have been in the hobby for a long time just have never had a modded engine. thanks guys

If the right moder does your mill it will hold a tune fine. Also tune easy. its the hacks that make a mill do the bad stuff. I have no clue how the os 30 stands up to modding. I do know allot of .28's are faster. I dare to say most above rtr class and even then some still are. Displacement does not mean more power and faster in glow mills like it does 1:1 mills

I have 2 of these engines and bank is correct on the power. They are however completely stock from factory. I'm going to get one of mine done as they are a blank canvass for a engine modder.

welcome to the forum! Never had mine modded but my os is great! love it holds a great tune and everything!

i talked to robing a while back and he said he wouldnt mod an OS because (i may be wrong here) its a bi something or other material and isnt the best for modding. the os is strong tho and shouldnt need modding. welcome to the forums.

i have done a little work on the sleeve talk about the hardest metal i worked with.I used diamond bits but went through them quick so i worked with the crank.so good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Back