Modded Picco P3 Vs Modded LRP ZR .30 X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Wolf

I really want a Picco .28 P3, of coarse modded lol. but I have heard of some really good info about the LRP .28 Spec 3 and that it was awesome, and I even saw a vid with a LRP Spec 3 beating a Baja. (That was killer)

But now I am interested in the new LRP ZR.30 X Competition. But it says that it is for truggys, does that mean it wont fit in my savage x?
Does anyone have the LRP ZR.30 X???

I am so torn on which one to get,

- LRP ZR.30 X Competition
- LRP .28 Spec 3
- Picco .28 P3

Can anyone with experience with these mills, plz help a brother out!!!!

Thx in advance for any advise,
Greg

PS I really like what I am hearing about Extreme RC Mods. I cant wait to get my first modded mill. bevis

Last edited by a moderator:
the lrp zr.30 will fit in the truck it but its a bump start mill you can convert it to a pullstart with a different back plate and install a owb. and if you have any questions about ercm talk to robin(purenitro) he will help you with any questions you may have.

the lrp zr.30 will fit in the truck it but its a bump start mill you can convert it to a pullstart with a different back plate and install a owb.

not sure about this eric. the crank in bump mills are usually designed not to accept a pull or roto.

a bud of mine convert a Nova bump to a pull & had to get the crank modded in the back to accept the pin.

unless this lrp 30 bump already has that done to it?

i wouldnt think that it does.

but if thats the case, if someone could make a thread & clarify with pics, then that would be pretty darn sweet.

as far as the part lists show the 30's use the same crank. so it can be done w/o buying a crank too.

From what everyone says the modded lrps cant beat the modded piccos. I think just due to displacement the 30 will be the same.

Most savages can beat bajas... that vid is impressive though.

just so u know...that engine is made in a pullstart. i (from experience) say go with the picco!!

I really want a Picco .28 P3, of coarse modded lol.

I am so torn on which one to get,

- LRP ZR.30 X Competition
- LRP .28 Spec 3
- Picco .28 P3

PS I really like what I am hearing about Extreme RC Mods. I cant wait to get my first modded mill. bevis

if your plan is to get a ERCM mod mill, then id recommend you should talk to Robin direct, but id be shocked if he dint say VVV

picco.jpg

Heres the link to the LRP 30's parts, both the engines share the same parts execpt carb, piston, sleeve and backplates, from what i can tell the X truggy version can be converted to pulstart by just changing over the whole backplate assembly.

http://aedownloads.com/press/in_022309_lrpengines.pdf

hello,
can you tell me what are tha break in settings of the zr.30spec2

Factory settings for the LRP ZR.30 spec2 are 2.25 turns out mid range needle and 2.75 turns out for the main needle, taken from the manual.

WoW thanks for the heads up on the LRP .30, I love pull starts, I wouldn't want the hassle of changing it!!!

I will definitybe talking to robin, for the mod.

Does anyone that has got their mills modded by robin, recomend getting Robin to do the break-in, or should I do it then send it in?

I think I have made up my mind, I think.

I am probably be going with the Picco P3 .28, just because I have heard of Robin doing some amazing work with the Picco.

Unless someone else can change my mind?????

Thx to everyone that has put in their 2 cents!!!

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back