LRP ZR.30 break in process

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xclandon

Hey, I just picked up my LRP ZR.30 engine for my savage. I'm just wondering what the best types of break in processes are. I have broke in a few engines before but not a $200 engine like this. Btw it is a pullstart so any help to make that easier is appriciated!

I loosen the plug a little bit to help start the engine and tighten it back once its running.

I run it in circles taking it easy on the throttle. Depending on what time of year, I may wrap some foil around the head to get temps up to 200 deg.

Just run it in circles til the tanks empty. I do that for 10 tanks. Start giving it full throttle blips around tank 7 or 8. Tune fully after 10.

What should my temps be? What eould be considered too high on a new engine?

I try to never get my engines above 260ish.... but a new engine may spike the temp some during break in, make sure it has good airflow and should be good.....

heat cycling is the preferred method i usually take my new engine and lean a little till i see temps are getting 220ish and higher with running the truck with blips of throttle to vary the rpms and going on different terrains for about 15 mins or so kill it let it cool at bottom dead center and repeat but with 5 min intervals.

Ok on my 3rd tank I got er up to 250 then I started goin easier on er and she was down to 220 ish. After 4 tanks am I ok to give it full throttle passes?

Ok on my 3rd tank I got er up to 250 then I started goin easier on er and she was down to 220 ish. After 4 tanks am I ok to give it full throttle passes?

I would do some more tanks before givin it full throttle for more than a few seconds at a time...... takes quite awhile for most engines to reach full breakin.......going slow will prolong the life of the engine...

Latest posts

Members online

Back