Lrp, Os 30, Tm928???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Hi,

I am starting to get serious about looking for a new mill, this will be my first mill othr than the stock 4.6's I have a K4.6 and a F4.6 nothing wrong with them but I keep reading about these mills and have come down to these 3 a few months ago I would have had the STS D30M on the list but it seems like I am reading less and less about it.

I have links for the LRP and the TM928 but not sure exactly which OS works with our trucks One other thing I have to have rotostart because of physical reasons.

Leaveing cost out of the picture I would like your opnions on these mills, pro's and con's. also please let me know if I have picked a mill that wont work with a savage.

LRP, I think this is the one lot's of you guys are running

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYU8&P=ML

Big question on the LRP, will this work with it on the savage, will the shock towers or anything be in the way? it is an adapter for rotostart
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLBV6&P=V

TM928, I know the cost is insane but it sounds like a monster of a motor
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSLJ0&P=7

The OS 30, is this the correct one for the savage?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNZW1&P=7

I saw this one that says for savage but it is discontinued

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLGH7&P=7

I like all of these but am leaning towards the TM928, I guess I am really wondering if any of these engines will work with the savage and rotostart.

thanks for any help

i've read articles about the tm928 and from what i've read its a totally insane engine but i have no actual experience with it!! but for less money the lrp has pretty insane power and I'm almost sure it works with the rotostart with the right back plate!!

I have no experience with any of those, but the TM928 will most likely be my next engine due to what I have heard/ read about them. Also on a side note since you mentioned it, I highly recommend a RB modded D30M and they come with a roto start back plate.

I'm getting an LRP soon its one the the best mills out there.Its only like 170$ on towerhobbies.

get the lrp and the rotor start will work fine no moding needed

I love my LRP.

Feels a lot more powerful than the f4.6 and starts in a second:)

Hey guys, best bang for the buck is definitely the lrp. The strongest is

definitely the 928 but your diffs and rest of drivetrain better be ready for the

power. I don't see the stock diffs holding up to the engine very long. Also the

928 takes at least a gal. of fuel for breakin. It is very finicky to tune and rb

concepts requires the connecting rod to be changed at the three gal. mark because of

stress during the breakin process. Now if you are willing to work through all

this you will definitely have the baddest mill on the block. You have to

remember, this engine was built for racing. The lrp, 4 tank breakin, easy to

tune, less stress on connecting rod during breakin, wicked power and

remember at least 2 lrp's for the price of 1 928.

Thanks Lifter!

That 928 sure sounds interesting, maybe with the CEN diffs. I might just give it a try. does the rod need changed every 3 gallons or just after break in?

I have 2 trucks that are going to need mills sooner or later I probably will get the LRP first then I might try a 928 and some CEN diffs, just sounds like it could be fun. I have to admit the gallon break in doesnt sound fun, I am going to try to find the manual for it.

thanks

I've got the O.S. I am extremely happy with it. It's totally reliable, powerful, almost magical, am I fanatical. All kidding aside, I have no experience with the other two mills mentioned. The O.S. has yet to let me down, except for burning through rear diffs like they were made of butter. Also capable of shattering dogbones(I have shattered two so far). Great mill, I think it's the engine I'll be using, until I can afford a highend NovaRossi. Peace.

yo shift be differant try the 928 my buddy has one it runs real good i have lrp z28 four of them his is in his lst and weight is about 14 pounds my savage is about 12 or 13 i get him for the first 6 feet or so then he leaves me about 3 feet the rest of the way but i think its his gearing he has high and low all so i got big joes on my truck he has dish with hell fire tires they are pretty close in all in all but if you get it modded thats another story i might try one good luck thats all i know about them also so long to break in and a pain after 2 gallons his pinch is tight as a new mill he preheats every time i get lazy..thanks ...

Yeah I was sold on the LRP from many videos on youtube, threads on this forum, and talk from lhs people. Its definetly up there as the first replacement mill when my F4.6 decides to meet its maker. Hopefully that wont be soon lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back