lrp engine replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aguiquin

hi guys last year i replaced the engine of my savage 5.9 to lrp zr.32 spec4 and was very happy with it. now i want to change replace my 4.9 but when i look online, it appears that lrp zr.32 is discontinued. any idea what would be the new lrp pullstart engine that was still be a direct replacement?

thanks.

just so you know any of the available big block engines will go right into the savage vehicles no problem.....

You can go with a O.S. big block of the similar size.

I believe it was O.S that made the LRP spec engines

thank you. i’d like the pullstarts that has no problem like the lrp’s. the hpi big blocks is a headache when it comes to starting.

thank you i will check out the os big blocks then.

just so you know any of the available big block engines will go right into the savage vehicles no problem.....

hi thanks for writing back. any suggestions which big blocks? i’d like the pullstart version that starts easily like the lrp’s.

thanks

hi thanks for writing back. any suggestions which big blocks? i’d like the pullstart version that starts easily like the lrp’s.

thanks

to be honest any Big Block would be fine, I am using an Axial .32 in my Savage. as for starting easily that is going to depend on your skill tuning said engine..... The LRP , Force and many others ought to suit your needs nicely.....

Pretty sure someone on here got a Novarossi recently for their savage. My have been at RCNT. I'll check my past emails to see if I can find it.

I've only been running LRP's and OS's for the past decade with the periodic traxxas engine. Tried the first axial .28 way back in the day, it was awful after a gallon. Couldn't tune worth a crap and I sold it for parts. Stupid thing looked like new inside. I ran the old OS21RG for many years before stepping up the LRP28. Also ran many XTM 24.7's. All very tame engines for today's basher. Also tried a few SH 28's off ebay, the old black/brownish head and the newer blue-head ones. Also the Losi M26SS in the aftershock. That was the rig I put my first LRP28 in.

None of those held a candle to the power of the LRP28. I've had 3 LRP28S3's over the past 10 years and currently have an LRP30S2 in my savage x. My big block revo has the LRP28 in it still while my other revo has an OS21Tm. I have a picco P3 in a drawer that is brand new in its box and a second LRP28 in a drawer that I was fighting with on my savage-x until I replaced it with the 30. Then had the same issues that ended up being the fuel tank. I just never put the 28 back in. Can't imagine it has more than a couple gallons on it, if that.

Found the thread with the novarossi:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/dwindling-engine-choices.18516

Has to be a hell of an engine in a savage. I've seen video's in the old days of novarossi's in buggies and man do they scream!

Pretty sure someone on here got a Novarossi recently for their savage. My have been at RCNT. I'll check my past emails to see if I can find it.

I've only been running LRP's and OS's for the past decade with the periodic traxxas engine. Tried the first axial .28 way back in the day, it was awful after a gallon. Couldn't tune worth a crap and I sold it for parts. Stupid thing looked like new inside. I ran the old OS21RG for many years before stepping up the LRP28. Also ran many XTM 24.7's. All very tame engines for today's basher. Also tried a few SH 28's off ebay, the old black/brownish head and the newer blue-head ones. Also the Losi M26SS in the aftershock. That was the rig I put my first LRP28 in.

None of those held a candle to the power of the LRP28. I've had 3 LRP28S3's over the past 10 years and currently have an LRP30S2 in my savage x. My big block revo has the LRP28 in it still while my other revo has an OS21Tm. I have a picco P3 in a drawer that is brand new in its box and a second LRP28 in a drawer that I was fighting with on my savage-x until I replaced it with the 30. Then had the same issues that ended up being the fuel tank. I just never put the 28 back in. Can't imagine it has more than a couple gallons on it, if that.

Found the thread with the novarossi:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/dwindling-engine-choices.18516

Has to be a hell of an engine in a savage. I've seen video's in the old days of novarossi's in buggies and man do they scream!

hi, thanks for the info. i liked the lrp too, got the zr.32 spec 4 for my 5.9 and now i wanted to change the engine on my 4.6 and i was surprised that they are discontinued. it seems like lrp closed or something? i looked that nova and they are very expensive and you don't see a lot of reviews on them. if i can find a lrp i would stay with it.. one with the pull start. the hpi is just way too much hassle to start after playing with the lrp.

thanks man. let me know if you find new info on the lrp's

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/lrp-going-out-of-business-in-march/

Look like as of March 2018 LRP is closing down.......

Jam
just found this-

It is once again sad for us to post the closing of another iconic rc company. LRP has been in bankruptcy for several months and were not able to find a buyer for their company. On Saturday, March 31st, LRP will be closing forever.

However, there is some good news to go along with all this. Newly founded Lautenbach Racing Products will be opening on April 03, 2018. Lautenbach Racing Products is owned by Jürgen Lautenbach, the man behind LRP, so we can’t wait to see what type of upcoming new products he has in store for all us rc fanatics.

You can hit up This Link to hit LRP’s website, which now has a teaser posted for things to come.

Latest posts

Members online

Back