lrp .28 recommended pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leslie

Hi all,

I have put a new lrp .28 spec 3 on my savage x. I'm running it with the pipe off the stock 4.1 engine off the savage. I'm pleased with the current performance but I'm curious if there are better alternatives.

Cheers,
Leslie

your mill, like the picco, seems to perform well on the Dynamite 086 or OFNA 086.

idk how your truck is set up in terms of tvp's & shocks but ive heard peeps can get the Dynamite header to work with stock tvps & stock shocks.

however, i'm thinking the OFNA 086 has a different header & does work.

visionary just got the dynamite 086 & same mill as you, but he has ext tvps so its not an issue.

:peace:

thanks,

I am running pretty much stock. Few upgrades as I break things, the new mill is first real upgrade. So I would need a pipe that fits in the stock setup. Will the OFNA and Dynamite 086 fit??

Cheers,
Leslie

the header that comes with the OFNA will fit, the dynamite header will not. here is why:

OFNA 086

Dynamite 086

when comparing the headers, you can see that the Dynamite comes off in more of an 'arc' where the OFNA is flatter/straighter so the OFNA header will clear the back of mill & shocks where the Dynamite will not. OFNA may rub the shock a hair, but not enough to affect performance.

You can also put a silicone deflector on the OFNA stinger where you cant on the dynamite.

Sweet pipes. Wake your LRP right up.

its also worth mentioning that these are performance pipes made for a truggy which mount on the opposite site of truggy compared to a savage. so you just mount it upside down.

Last edited by a moderator:
i run a ths on my lrp 28 in my savage, not to loud and makes good top end

i'd have to agree with bank on that one. tried all 3.....086, hpi, buku for me. now i have to put the Mac in front of the 086.........my truck SCREAMS with that thing

Latest posts

Members online

Back