Lrp .28 air leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSSBEAST

Bought a used Lrp from a friend very cheap thing looks brand new in and out i am sure it was never rebuilt. But lately iv noticed it sound like it has an air leak some were near the head there is one head shim taken out of it but when i take off the head there are none could this be why I'm hearing a leak? This motor is sealed so it cant be from around the carb or back plate. Thanks!

You might be missing the head shims they are on the head button..
if you are missing you need to get some replacements

# 1 that pipe is not good for a LRP. BUKU 086 THS but not the HPI polished.. That studder is the HSN is too lean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the same motor also bought 2nd hand in a savage X and discovered a missing head bolt which after removing head to check if it was broken only to discover there were no shims either. The engine seems to run ok(replaced missing head bolt) but still needs a loose idle screw to be refitted with silicone seal. (suspected air leak)After searching e bay am unable to locate head shims part number# 38235 as a kit with button. Can someone advise me where to aquire this part? I live in australia and nearest lhs is over an hours drive away and seldom carries such specific engine components.

thanks will check it out fixed idle needle air leak but keep blowing glow plugs so i suspect i need those shims as it still has an issue with idling

yea checked piston, and seems fine no marks on top either

Latest posts

Members online

Back