listen to this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydig11

Hey everyone. Friday i decided to break in a STS.28. everything seemed to be fine during breakin. the temps rose quickly to 250 but always blew gobbs of smoke so i did not worry about it. As the day went on and the engine started to come to life weird things started to happen. wile still running rich the temps were climbing into the low 300's wile still blowing tons of smoke. i leaned it a little bit to see if clutch slippage was causing heat. it was not. the temps climbed to almost 400. i shut it down to let it cool and when i tried to start it again the piston got stuck at TDC stripping out the roto start gears. i then broke down the engine to see it the con rod bushings went. everything looked fine on the inside so i put everything back together with a pull start and fired it back up with the same results,350F+. i called my buddy to tell him the issues. we think the con rod got stretched and is making the piston go to deep in the pinch zone causing it to make more heat. ill be contacting nitrocountry.com Monday to see if they will replace this paper weight.

Try richening your LSN to drop the temps, these engines tune differently then most, give it a try.

My guide won't help you much with this engine, try what I suggested in the second post. Tune the HSN for performance and tune the LSN for temps, it's backwards from normal tuning but so is this engine.

Done done done. tried it all. my lsn was backed out to richer than factry settings. the con rod is junk. thanks for the advice tho.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back