Lipos? what are some good ones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

well I'm converting back to electric, i got fed up with nitro again and reconvering so I'm making my savage a flux again. i say again cause this will be the second time i went back to give nitro a try again and still its not for me, what sent me over the top was i blow a glow plug it was like my 10th on in a month and i lost it, lol so electic for me. anyway of the topic here, the only thing I'm having trouble is deciding what batteries i want, i know i want 2-3S lipos in series i just don't know what kind. i know i will get alot of 6s is to much just go 4s and so on and so fourth, but I'm going 6s why cause i can i do have the castle creations computer hook up so i can tone it down if need be. any recommendation on reasonable priced batteries? i will be using the flux battery boxes. maybe say what your using and your expericence with them i know i don't want 100. or 200 hunderd dollar batteries i just can't afford those.i was looking at these http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_40C_Lipo_Pack anybody use them and do you know if they will fit the flux battery boxes? i will be running the 2200kv motor and the esc that came with it, not the flux version. thanks for any input.

shark

I have heard people say that the Turnigy batterys aren't the best as they like to balloon. But this could very well be hear say.

My brother runs a set of these in his BL E-Revo http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9932 with no problem. Unbelievable power and speed and only for $1 more for an added 800mAh. They should fit into the HPI box's just fine as they are very very close to the size of my SMC 2S 9000mAh Packs which have more power from 2S packs than I have ever seen.

shark, if you are using the flux battery box, the dimension on these batts are fine 143x51x28mm, only problem is the 51mm or 50mm won't allow your battery compartment to fully close. No biggie for me because I took off the plastic taps on the lid and just strap them down. Overall those zippys and Turnigy are very good cheap lipos. I have good experience w/ them as many others but some people think they're junk because they are cheap. It all depends on personal taste. Another problem you might consider is the fat 5mm bullet connectors. Soldering those to deans might take some time. Just be very patience. and you will be alright.

Hope these helps

yeah that's the thing I'm worried about is the soldering IV only done it once and it sucked I may have had the wrong solder and soldering iron to but I'm not afraid of trying I think I will try those either one and see how they work.

I would recommend hyperion lipos. they are a little pricey, but they are a good quality LiPo. i run SMC's on 4s in my flux and love it. turnigy's can be good, but its hit and miss. the ones you linked to have some of the worse reviews of all the packs so maybe keep browsing. Good luck with 6s it looks like fun!

Anybody use venom packs?

And what would be better a pack with 5000mah and 35c rating? Or a pack with 6400mah and a 20c rating?

Anybody use venom packs?

And what would be better a pack with 5000mah and 35c rating? Or a pack with 6400mah and a 20c rating?

Flux needs continuous of 125amps draw, thats why HPI website recommend 25C minimum. 5000mah x 35c = 175amps Continuous, 6400mah x 20c = 128 amps, It's your call buddy. :loveford:

Anybody use venom packs?

Dude we bash with runs venom 6s in his revo. seems ok :dunno:

35c 5000mah for reasons flux power stated. you also want the higher discharge rating caz it will give your flux more jam.

I got the Hyperions. theyre good.

Last edited by a moderator:
most like i will get the higher c rated one, but 128 thats still higher than whats recommended so it should be good though right? plus with the 6400mah i will get longer run times. does anybody know how much of a run time difference the 5000 and 6400 is?

man I'm torn, i don't know what i should get, lol

most like i will get the higher c rated one, but 128 thats still higher than whats recommended so it should be good though right? plus with the 6400mah i will get longer run times. does anybody know how much of a run time difference the 5000 and 6400 is?

man I'm torn, i don't know what i should get, lol

i just got an e-mail from MaxAmps today (i signed up on their website when i bought my first hyperion charger from them a while back).

theyre offering Hard Case on the 5250 Mah & theyre 60crockout

I'm buying a set of these today. prices are very reasonable, but the warranty just blew any others, in the same price range, out of the water.

You can even choose the connector you want & theyll solder it up rockout http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=59

**OFF TOPIC**
wow freddy. >>>> Points: 999,999,999,999,999,043,698,688.00
Bank: 9,828,229,223,510,119,777,566,720.00
Total Points: 10,828,229,223,510,119,223,918,592.00

Grats.
Did you robbed the HPISF bank. LOL:bling:

lol, its kinda related to this ----> Posts: 5,448

Is 4s still pretty crazy? I mean pretty hella fast? Cause I'm starting to think 4s might be a better starting point. I do want two 3s packs just having trouble finding some. I see 2s packs all over the place think maybe down the line I will get 6s. Anyway back to my question 4s still pretty fast?

Is 4s still pretty crazy? I mean pretty hella fast? Cause I'm starting to think 4s might be a better starting point. I do want two 3s packs just having trouble finding some. I see 2s packs all over the place think maybe down the line I will get 6s. Anyway back to my question 4s still pretty fast?

Definitely, you can get 40mph+ on stock gearing and standing backflips. Trust me 4s will blow your hat off, I recommend you go 4s first and then once you get use to it, then upgrade to 5s or 6s. 5s is the sweet spot though Good for Control/bashing/racing/high speed runs etc...

i know everyone likes to run the big name lipos, i used to , but recently ive been running lipos from kershaw designs, his lipos really impressed me, they last forever, have good punch and are really affordable, plus dan has the best customer service around!

cause I'm not looking for "cheap" I'm looking for reasonably priced but still good quality.

I'm noy knocking maxamps, there awesome batteries, i just cant see paying that much for batteries anymore since i tried kershaw batteries
you can get two lipos for the price of one maxamps
true, maxamps have a higher c rating and if your a racer or got to have the most power, then you want them
but, if you want to bash and have long run times and not cost alot, then ive found that kershaws are great for that
they make my slash 4x4 ballistic and my revo rocks, i haven't tried them in my savage yet, ill try them in the flux battery box and get back to you

I'm noy knocking maxamps, there awesome batteries, i just cant see paying that much for batteries anymore since i tried kershaw batteries
you can get two lipos for the price of one maxamps
true, maxamps have a higher c rating and if your a racer or got to have the most power, then you want them
but, if you want to bash and have long run times and not cost alot, then ive found that kershaws are great for that
they make my slash 4x4 ballistic and my revo rocks, i haven't tried them in my savage yet, ill try them in the flux battery box and get back to you

thanks looking at the dimenstions they look like they will fit, and with out the foam too. but we will see.

SMC are great too, take a look and see what you think. Turnigys have some that are nice and cheap but it is a chance i guess.

SMC are great too, take a look and see what you think. Turnigys have some that are nice and cheap but it is a chance i guess.

yeah thats what alot of the reviews said bought some and alot of them were dead cells. i looked at smc but didn't find the 3s packs.

i know i should go 4s and start there but part of me says GO6S :rock1:, :lmao: cause i want to see it. we'll see.

Personally i'd go 5S and purchase the Castle Link. This will give you the best of both worlds and pleanty of speed

6s is a bit much expecially if you don't have a trained finger.

My SMC 2S 9000mah packs give great power but I want more top end. The low end power is pleanty standing still back filps on my XL Length Flux.

Then you want MaxAmps. They have a 3 year/300 cycle warranty.

They are availble in Hard Case & they'll solder on your plug and balance tap of choice.

I'm getting a set of the 5250Mah they're 60c (yes 60c)
and reasonably priced.

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=59

Those are the same batteries I run on my brushless and my MMM love its.
I bought the hyperion charger along with (2) 3S batteries and now I am a bronze member and legible for 15% discounts on any future discounts. Once you purchase the batteries you will earn some type of member discount.

Personally i'd go 5S and purchase the Castle Link. This will give you the best of both worlds and pleanty of speed

What motor do you recommend running on 5S? The stock 2200 kv motor?

Another question, the MMM is rated to 125 amps. How far over that can you go? 150? 200?

I use venom 7.4 volt batterieys in my savge 2350 and they are great batteries!!!!!

Members online

Back