Kyosho broken pull rope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgilbigfish

I bought a ke25 engine to put in my savage as and I keep break in the pull start ropes 4 so far .I'm real aggravated seems like once my truck gets going I have problems I'm wondering if maybe a different pullstarter would work ? Any help. Also do they offer a mechanical starter

Pull ropes only break for a few reasons. Bad cord, pulling too far, not pulling straight and rubbing. I've had pull ropes last 10 gallons of running.

If you think the cord itself is sketchy, buy a different cord/rope from another company and rewind it into yours. Odds are, the starter housing and whatnot won't be compatible with your engine, but the cord itself should be.

Traxxas ones seem to hold up quite well. Like one from the 2.5/3.3 engines.
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5177

Short quick pulls for RC. It's not a weed wacker with a 4 foot rope.

pull starts are for lawnmowers and weedeaters.... I hate the damned things... rotostart for the win......
I have to bet there is a roto unit for that Kyosho :ercm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-1-8-Inferno-NEO-ST-2-0-RS-KE25-25-BACK-PLATE-STARTER-SHAFT-O-Ring/331903912886?hash=item4d4703cbb6:g:fdEAAOSwM~taVqFm:sc:USPSFirstClass!95422!US!-1&_sacat=0&_nkw=Kyosho+KE25&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.XKyosho+KE25.TRS0

That link gives you numbers for the start shaft also so you could try using that unit...
Guess I'm in the other group that prefers pull-starts. I actually remove ez-starts/roto starts to install pull starts. I like to feel what the engine is doing. Besides, a well tuned/maintained engine starts in 3 or 4 pulls. Granted... break-in can kind of suck... lol!

pull starts are for lawnmowers and weedeaters.... I hate the damned things... rotostart for the win......

I guess if you're retired (READ :Jam Racing 1 ) you prefer shaft starers - LOL , If you are still going to the Coal mine every day then its Pull starts for us lowly working class :wacky: , again LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two ke25 and one ke21 never had any major problems with the pull cord, it can be a bit sticky when new.

You might be pulling it out too far at a bad angle, if your engine is hard to start use a heat gun and only pull in short burst's

The factory settings is somtimes too rich, take the brake in velocity stack out and turn the hsn a 1/8 turn or more too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back