Kershaw Designs closed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
Checking to see if anyone knows when this happened. I didn't notice of course until after I sent $250 via their site to order the LCG conversion kit with motor/esc until I sent a follow up email a couple days later to get an autoresponder saying they are closed indefinitely.

Then I went to the site's home page, which looked fine, then checked the contact page and it has this at the top:
Kershaw Designs will be closed indefinitely due to a medical emergency.

They should have put that at the top of their home page. This was the autoresponder to my email:
The Kershaw Designs shop will be closed indefinitely due to a medical emergency with the owner. We wish we could give a more hard and fast date for when we will be back to serve the RC community, but due to the uncertain nature of this emergency, we can only say all open requests from customers and are saved and will be address as soon as they can be. Please bare with us.

Wish I had seen that before I placed my order. Now I have $250 in limbo. Now I don't know if/how to cancel the order then go with a different company for the conversion. I really wanted to get my savage converted!

Last edited:
Have you tried calling Dan? he is a really nice guy and i am sure he will help you out, damn I guess the number for him is missing.....
it does say orders WILL be filled, just must be a wait till thats done.... hope all is well with him and his family........

http://kershawdesigns.com/Contact.htm

Unfortunate news for sure, Kershaw makes some pretty impressive stuff. Hope whatever is taking him away gets better soon.

Hopefully things come out ok. Would be a big loss if Kershaw went away.

I was close to picking stuff up for my conversion as well...

I hope all is well too. This should be his number. 1 303-989-1246
I called that this weekend, it's on the google listing for the store. It went to voicemail. At the end of the message, it said something along the lines of "this number is for the actual store, not online purchases. For online purchases, please send an email to...". I sent an email to the email that was from the paypal receipt and now to that email.

I put in a claim with paypal, then apparently KD gave me a refund when paypal contacted them.

Glad I got my $ back pretty painlessly. Still bummed I couldn't get the KD kit. I hope everything works out ok for the guy.

Now I have to figure out if I want to put $350-$400 into converting it using savage flux parts... I really don't want the long chassis version, but seems a bit tougher to find the short chassis bits.

I read that Dan has passed away, I hope it is not true but I just read this on a online group. It also stated that Kershaw designs may come back in the future.

This is all hear say but that is the latest I heard with Dan, I know some of us had been wondering...

Dan did pass away :( I did hear his wife is currently liquidating all his RC assets through RC Basement....

Hi

What is the name of the new company that is taking over for Kershaw Designs, it was posted a couple of days ago but now it's gone.

Latest posts

Members online

Back