k4.6 & k4.6HO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HPISF-POLICE

What is the diffrence between the k4.6 and the k4.6HO if there is any. The only reason I ask is because I was looking at the pn HPI15217 sleeve thinking I should get one for when I have to rebuild the mill.

The HO is a higher revving motor, but I can't tell you any more than that.

What I realy want to know is if the sleeve and piston will work in the k4.6.

Ok so I called HPI today to as if the piston and sleeve for the 4.6HO will work and he said he believes it does but there is no preformance diffrence. Which doesn't make sence seeing that he also said the HO piston is bigger and the sleeve is thinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, You must ahve talked to a bone head! I don't know what the differences are but i assume that the HO is for High Output which typically means more power, lol. I have personally see a savage with the HO and my stock 4.1 seemed to have better power but I don't think it was tuned properly and am not sure how old it was.

I think the HO is a 8 port and on the HPI site they both have the same bore and stroke. But the HO has a max rpm of 41,000 vs 39,000 also thho is 2.95 HP @38,000 vs 2.9HP @35,000

the k4.6 HO it is not ment for the savage it for the hellfrie and it is not ment for a 2 seep me and my dad pet one no a savage it tron the 2 seep itr mest up the 2 seep ok

the k4.6 HO it is not ment for the savage it for the hellfrie and it is not ment for a 2 seep me and my dad pet one no a savage it tron the 2 seep itr mest up the 2 seep ok

"The K4.6HO is not meant to be used on the Savage, it is meant to be used on the hellfire, its also not ment to be used with a 2 speed transmission. Me and my dad put one of them on a savage and it messed up the two speed."

Please hold all applause.

lol

Zoid, please try the spell check feature.

Latest posts

Members online

Back