K4.6 HO Port & Polish by Steller R/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all I'm sayin is its lame that the dude took the vid down because of a comment he didnt like. i mean c'mon,did he/you think every comment was gonna be "oh dude, your mill mod is so good will you mod my mill for the rediculously obscene price of $250.00"

if your gonna be THAT sensative and can't take criticism or ribbing, then this hobby (certainly not mill modding) is -without questioin- not for you.

he could try quilting or ceramics but from what my Moms tells me, there is a lot of chop-bustin' between the blue-hairs in her quilting class up at the senior center, so maybe not.

well i guess it's up to me to hand him my mill so i did and i trust him so i don't care, it's a FREEBIE MOD any ways, and if it doesn't work out he said he would buy a new piston, crank & sleeve.

well i guess it's up to me to hand him my mill so i did and i trust him so i don't care, it's a FREEBIE MOD any ways, and if it doesn't work out he said he would buy a new piston, crank & sleeve.

Cheaper for a whole new motor, but thats good then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in the industry long enough to know when "FREE" is a good thing, parts, hop ups, give away's at big sponsored events are all good things that the end user will benefit from. I'm not going to hammer on what was done but I can say that even though the vid was very distorted, I could see clearly (in my head) what was done from the lighting reflections! When you offer a service to the public it should be plain and simple, you have to be educated in what you are doing and you have to come through with what you are offering, I had many people asking me to mod engines before I was ready and the answer was NO, not even for free.

There are piles of pictures that someone can follow and copy, I have put up lots of flow modded pics so the people who can't keep there hands out of a mill at least have a shot of doing it close to right, yet peeps still think they know better and sometimes do the exact opposite of what I showed them. The really funny part is when they come back and say "what a huge difference, way more power and RPM" from a simple "flow mod" IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!!! Most of the air/fuel mix travels along the outside of the case porting and very little is influenced by little cuts on the face of the sleeve, there are a few tricks that can be done between the OD and ID of the port itself but you have to understand what your shooting for, for it to even be slightly effective.

In the end it really doesn't even phase me, competition is good, keeps people honest and the consumer benefits from that. I learned at my own expense of time (years) and money (thousands) The thing that does tick me off is when people learn from someone elses wallet and not there own, the consumer loses and modded engines get a bad name.

I wish everybody could have one of my modded engines, I would love to give away free mods to anyone but that is just not feasable. I am a business man and if you want a proven powerhouse mill with ERCM scribed into your cooling head, you will pay for it.

Unless your a sponsored National Champion with a couple tables full of trophy's ;)

you do know the prices on HPI are higher then their suggested retail price correct ? ?? This post tells me you don't. HPI DOES NOT Want you to buy from them. They frown on under cutting the store's they support call them they will tell you themselves if you don't believe me for what ever reason.

I have a K4.6 HO I paid 94.99 USD and 5-7 bucks to ship it I forgot the shipping its been a long time since I ran sport mills. But I do remember it was 95 bucks. It is a king star 3 port motor with a bad block like I said the boost port is half covered by the block alone. I also modded one and thats how I know it has a bad block. The F4.6 in the rtr savage will smoke it stock as well ... It has less HP then the K4.6 and a ounce or two more torque = HO thats how it got its name. It does not like to be run lean and 1 time over 280's will cook it for good. Keep this in mind as you run it. I cooked two sleeves in it. 1 in tall grass and one in the winter when I covered the cooling head too good in 0 degree F weather. Needless to say I bought a lrp and never looked back.

SO in wrap up it is a 3 port King star (same mfgr as axial mills) and if you paid more then 130 I'm sorry and you should make more posts asking questions b4 you buy. We can save you hundreds if you just ask ...

you do know the prices on HPI are higher then their suggested retail price correct ? ?? This post tells me you don't. HPI DOES NOT Want you to buy from them. They frown on under cutting the store's they support call them they will tell you themselves if you don't believe me for what ever reason.

I have a K4.6 HO I paid 94.99 USD and 5-7 bucks to ship it I forgot the shipping its been a long time since I ran sport mills. But I do remember it was 95 bucks. It is a king star 3 port motor with a bad block like I said the boost port is half covered by the block alone. I also modded one and thats how I know it has a bad block. The F4.6 in the rtr savage will smoke it stock as well ... It has less HP then the K4.6 and a ounce or two more torque = HO thats how it got its name. It does not like to be run lean and 1 time over 280's will cook it for good. Keep this in mind as you run it. I cooked two sleeves in it. 1 in tall grass and one in the winter when I covered the cooling head too good in 0 degree F weather. Needless to say I bought a lrp and never looked back.

SO in wrap up it is a 3 port King star (same mfgr as axial mills) and if you paid more then 130 I'm sorry and you should make more posts asking questions b4 you buy. We can save you hundreds if you just ask ...

First of all iv had the HO for 1 year and iv had the same sleeve and piston since last week when i bought a new sleeve & piston then sent it out to Scotty..
In in that 1 year the sleeve stills look new, there is just over 5 1/2 gallons of 25% 12% nitro through the mill. The HO part came from it's HIGH OUTPUT..

pretty much those HO mills are crap the normal k4.6 is a better mill and like bank said the f4.6 is an even better mill. banks right if you just ask we would steer you in the right direction and save you money.

Man we are only trying to help you yet you keep fighting us I just don't get it.

Like I said before I wish you the best of luck with your mill as does everyone else it is the modder that people are taking issue with not you or your mill.

wise words right here "don't argue with newbs they just drag ya down thinking you hurting them.there such fragile creatures lets just let this win his own war and he wonder why he has no money or mill for his savy" we warned him

First of all iv had the HO for 1 year and iv had the same sleeve and piston since last week when i bought a new sleeve & piston then sent it out to Scotty..
In in that 1 year the sleeve stills look new, there is just over 5 1/2 gallons of 25% 12% nitro through the mill. The HO part came from it's HIGH OUTPUT..

well I'm glad you didnt overheat it then. I didnt say it wears out fast just it cant take heat.

Here since you know so much these are the X dyno numbers argue with them...

Not only does the H.O have less HP it also makes less RPM = Slower then the K4.6

Your mill
HPI K4.6HO HP--> 1.28 @ 19,500 rpm Torque--->64.76 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm Max RPM ---->32,000 rpm

The K4.6 and or axial 28 same mill
HPI Nitro Star K4.6 HP---> 1.32 @ 22,250 rpm torque ----> 59.52 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm Max rpm -----> 35,000 rpm

Let me put them side by side so you can compare:

H.O / K 4.6

1.28 / 1.32 HP K wins
64.76 / 59.52 Torque HO wins
32K / 35K RPM K wins​

As I said b4, It is the H.O. caz it makes 4 inch ounces of torque more then the K.Yes it means high output like you said but its only referring to this number. Not the full motor . Also you give a mill a snazzy name Noobs buy them ... the K makes .04 HP more then it. The k4.6 is faster period 3500 RPM makes a difference. The F is faster then that I have owned all 3 to know. I did like/still have my HO though!

Take care and good luck with your mill.

well I'm glad you didnt overheat it then. I didnt say it wears out fast just it cant take heat.

Not only does the H.O have less HP it also makes less RPM = Slower then the K4.6

Your mill
HPI K4.6HO HP--> 1.28 @ 19,500 rpm Torque--->64.76 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm Max RPM ---->32,000 rpm

HPI Nitro Star K4.6 HP---> 1.32 @ 22,250 rpm torque ----> 59.52 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm Max rpm -----> 35,000 rpm

Let me put them side by side so you can compare:​

H.O / K 4.6​

1.28 / 1.32 HP K wins
32K / 35K RPM K wins​

As I said b4, It is the H.O. caz it makes 4 inch ounces of torque more then the K.Yes it means high output like you said but its only referring to this number. Not the full motor . Also you give a mill a snazzy name Noobs buy them ... the K makes .04 HP more then it. The k4.6 is faster period 3500 RPM makes a difference. The F is faster then that I have owned all 3 to know. I did like/still have my HO though!

you only still have that ho because the postal service is stupid lol.

xll good luck with your "modded" mill from the sounds of it you are going to need it

Your mill

Let me put them side by side so you can compare:

H.O / K 4.6

1.28 / 1.32 HP K wins
32K / 35K RPM K wins​

i like the way you talks bank.......get's every single detail.
and as bank. said the K is faster and the F is more faster
i think the HO engines is better in pulling weights or something like cuz of it's higher torque the others is faster cuz of there higher HP
BTW wish you a good luck with your mill

:duh: should have bought an lrp. imho and like what has been said already don't get suckered into something you know nothing about and not saying that you don't know anything about this hobby but a little research goes a long way and all the help you could need is all right here. personally i think you got shafted on the "mod" but it was your decision to make(don't feel bad we've all made mistakes). i have modded 1 mill and it turned out ok but i did my homework on modding tho and i will NEVER mod mills for anyone cuz it takes the cash flow from ppl that are pro's at wat they do in this hobby. for 250 for the mod is nuts considering a drag mod from the mad man is 135 before shipping and thats from his site, so you could have gotten a better mill and still have money left over for other upgrades or spare parts. but NONE OF US HERE are flaming or trying to mis-inform you in any way we are here to help ppl out that need it or try to guide them in a direction that is beneficial to them not for personal gains(trying to help the one needing help).

eric....

from experience i agree with the comparisons of the k4.6ho vs the F4.6, ive ran them both in the Hellfire.

My HO still had some good life in here but i just wasnt gettin enough top end for a flashy berm-jump so i leaned out the HSN to get a good jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5Fxr3DFbw&feature=channel_page

I since gave that mill to a bud caz he wanted to try his hand at moddin his own mill (Lord knows why anyone would want to) so i gave him this mill & put my F4.6 in the Hellfire.

Made way more power.

LMAO. Out of town for a week and all the drama comes out.

I have seen so many mills end up in disaster on this site. They all say they gained power etc. BS!

Ive been around this hobby a long time. I dare to say I have more skills and knowlege than most, but when it comes to cutting my mill, only a professional job will do.

LMAO. Out of town for a week and all the drama comes out.

I have seen so many mills end up in disaster on this site. They all say they gained power etc. BS!

Ive been around this hobby a long time. I dare to say I have more skills and knowlege than most, but when it comes to cutting my mill, only a professional job will do.

I don't think that is a fair comment. The mills that end up in disaster happen because someone didn't ask before they acted.

I said so many, not all. I would say 95% have done more harm than good and than good, 4% made minimal gains and maybe one with Robin holding their hand may have made some improvement. Even with Robins help, it isnt going to be a professional job. Hes not going to let all his secrets out.

Robin held my hand allot. I had to fight him tooth and nail to drag out stuff he didn't want to tell but w/o him Id have never tried to do any of this with the junk threads posted on the net. Even his old threads are old tech !

Okay I understand what you are saying now. I thought you were saying most modded mills guys here have are junk. Because most of us get our motors through ERCM rb or ab mods. Some of us yet it like myself but do so fully expecting to destroy the mill and would never do it for someone else. We just yet it because we have an old mill that is junk anyway and want to learn something from the process.

Man we are only trying to help you yet you keep fighting us I just don't get it.

Like I said before I wish you the best of luck with your mill as does everyone else it is the modder that people are taking issue with not you or your mill.

OK,
this all started when i made a simple thread and showing you guys the mod and then Bankrupter had to comment on the video saying, how "un-professional" the mod was and that Scotty "hacked" up my mill.
So when Scotty comes down tomorrow to give me my mill ill make a before & after video of the mill, we will see how much better the specs get :moon:

It has a 15 Xs lighter crank it should spool up faster even if its all done wrong. After he went bonkers in a PM to me Steve said it ran good. you should have no big issues as long as that crank don't crack.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back