K4.6 HO Port & Polish by Steller R/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Ok guys so i sent my K4.6 HO out last Wednesday and Scotty got the mill by Friday morning and the mod was done by Friday night ish :cheers:
so he said he would break the mill in and every thing so yeah that an extra bonus...
He is sending it back to me Tuesday so i should have it by Thursday, ill post some running videos on Youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVUhcOXB-w <-- CLiiCk
** video removed from improper commenting of the AMAZING JOB HE DID ON THE MOD **

Last edited by a moderator:
This video violates all of our rules But Ill leave it up for comments on the mod job. With my position on the forum I wont leave a comment on what he did to it.....

Add a disclaimer to it please or it will be forced to come down

Please post video's of that thing when you get it back.

yea thats a NWS for sure. You got to remember alot of people look at the forum at work and having that come up when your boss walks around the corner is a bad thing.
that aside its a good vid he does some nice work

the guys make a good point, that video discredits the reputation of the modder.

if he removed the girls, swearing & the "Savage Guru" from the video it would look less like a Ringling Brothers video and more like someone thats knows/respects modding mills.

all I'm saying is no professional would allow his/her work to be discredited with a vid like that nor would they post thier secrets on you tube.

Hell, even Eddie Van Halen played most of his concerts with his back to the audience so noobs couldnt copy his hard-work & secrets. (he used a makita cordless drill for the licks on the beginning of poundcake btw).

so, i hope your mill runs how you want it; can you ask the "savage guru" if he recommends a steel or plastic spur gear on that mill? :peace:

Added the disclaimers for ya xll, so is that your mill in the girls gone wild video or a vid of someone else's mill?

i'm confizzled :dunno:

lets see that thing run.

The video has been removed from you tube.

yah i know because "people" (not saying any names) from this site commented on the video and said retarded things about his AMAZING free mod to my engine that would have cost me $250 and he didn't like so he made the video private...
So yeah ....
and the person who commented on the video commented on this thread...

Added the disclaimers for ya xll, so is that your mill in the girls gone wild video or a vid of someone else's mill?

i'm confizzled :dunno:

lets see that thing run.

yeah that's my mill, on Friday Steller R/C will be coming down to give it to me..
then ill post some running videos..

the guys make a good point, that video discredits the reputation of the modder.

if he removed the girls, swearing & the "Savage Guru" from the video it would look less like a Ringling Brothers video and more like someone thats knows/respects modding mills.

all I'm saying is no professional would allow his/her work to be discredited with a vid like that nor would they post thier secrets on you tube.

Hell, even Eddie Van Halen played most of his concerts with his back to the audience so noobs couldnt copy his hard-work & secrets. (he used a makita cordless drill for the licks on the beginning of poundcake btw).

so, i hope your mill runs how you want it; can you ask the "savage guru" if he recommends a steel or plastic spur gear on that mill? :peace:

yeah I'm pretty sure Scotty respcts modding mills so yeah your wrong there and he technically is the "savage guru" because if you follow his youtube he's a "guru" so in that case he's a "savage guru"...

I told stellar to take it down in a comment caz he hacked it up ... there I said it..... I can go on to how and why but I wont. there is no need to teach people to mod mills that will take a guys mill and wreck it for free. If he were to charge for that Id make him eat it. I told him he owes you a mill... like I said I wont go into why but there is 3 things that were visibly wrong with it blurry and all.

yah i know because "people" (not saying any names) from this site commented on the video and said retarded things about his AMAZING free mod to my engine that would have cost me $250 and he didn't like so he made the video private...
So yeah ....

First, young jedi, that is not how you call a guy out. You do it like this: Bankrupter commented on the vid & the guy took it down because of Bankrupter.

Second, the modder obviously agreed with Bankrupter's views and held them in pretty high regard to make him take the vid down. if he dis-agreed, thought the comment was "retarded" or wrong, he would've ignored it knowing that peeps that know modding would think the comments were wrong. He obviously took down the vid & went & buried his head in the sand somewhere.

& Third, what is this about $250.00 for a mod job. have we not taught you the proper prices to pay for professional modding and the modders to use. If your willing to pay $250 for a mod job, you might be interested in purchasing this bridge i have for sale in Brooklyn.

Use the force young jedi - (the force being hpisf threads)​

yeah I'm pretty sure Scotty respcts modding mills so yeah your wrong there and he technically is the "savage guru" because if you follow his youtube he's a "guru" so in that case he's a "savage guru"...

Anyone who calls himself a guru about anything is nothing more than a noob that needs to have his tiny-little ego stroked 99 times out of 100. if someone called me a guru, id slap them :slapped: its much more respectable to be called a noob.

yep definatly well said savagenitroflux.

+ 2 on banks comments. one thing i have learned in the year i have been on hpisf bank knows his stuff. and if he doesnt he will come right out and say that he doesnt

For what its worth I hope it runs good. I do see issues that will cause it to run worse but the weight he took off the crank and the cuts he gave it will make it seem a lil better till it shakes its self apart. as long as he didn't cut the exhaust port bottom edge too low it will run. Why he touched it is beyond me. If he cut it to low forgetaboutit..

So yeah ....

all I'm sayin is its lame that the dude took the vid down because of a comment he didnt like. i mean c'mon,did he/you think every comment was gonna be "oh dude, your mill mod is so good will you mod my mill for the rediculously obscene price of $250.00"

if your gonna be THAT sensative and can't take criticism or ribbing, then this hobby (certainly not mill modding) is -without questioin- not for you.

he could try quilting or ceramics but from what my Moms tells me, there is a lot of chop-bustin' between the blue-hairs in her quilting class up at the senior center, so maybe not...

yea i agree with bank its for the general people out there to go hey look out for this and do reseach before going to the youtube and belving whats on there ya know. well said points from folks just be warned all I'm saying

ya what he said!

and

I'm the guru around here............:lmao:

on a serious note: when I got into engine modding, I always posted pics and videos with great apprehension and a willingness to ask for help and suggestions from the guys that know how to do it professionally.
I think the presentation of his work as anything but amateur work makes him look bad. And that is what sparked this thread to go wrong for steller. I saw the thread 2 minutes after it went up hoping to see some sweet modding but, shut it off after first couple of minutes. I don't understand some of the changes he made to the engine but, I'm not one to criticize peoples work. If it looked sweet i would of posted that~
good luck with it my man

and thanks for sharing

flame thread...... i vote it locked before it gets out of hand

Nope, not a flame thread at all... more like a "buyer-beware" thread.

realize what's going on here; if xll did the mod himself & posted "I'm a 1st time amature modder & just wanted to try it out, here's my work" different story.

when you post your work & say "I'm a pro-modder & charge $250.00 for my work, here it is) hpisf KNOWLEDGEABLE members are gonna step in and protect their own members.

so, if the work is true and accurrate, then you'll get comments like "nice work," if its bogus, then you get called out to protect the interest of members who may not know any better & read your thread or watch your vid. ERCM doesn't get the lion's share of mod-jobs around here because he's lucky, he gets most all of the mod requests because does/displays superior mod-work & members recommend him to each other. Look up some of the threads his customers have made here or on other forums & you will see..

In a recession (or any other time for that matter) you don't pay $250 to mod a mill that cost you $100 on e-bay.

xll-savage-llx
I hope youre not upset by the comments; they are not aimed at or have anything to do with you. I hope you are pleased with your new mill & it rips & lasts for 10 gallons.

but in reality, it looks like you might be in for a new mill in the near future.
buyer beware.

Well I am like crash and shut it off as soon as I saw the crank. It is a shame that people do these kind of things as it is always the kids who just don't know anybetter who fall for it and they are the ones who can least aford to replace a mill. It is guys like that that caused me to have very bad opinions of modded motors for years till I learned how it all worked and what the diffrence between a hack job and a real mod was.

I have made some attempts at modding my own motor but would never dream of doing it to someone's mill.

Exactly had xll-savage-llx done it himself I would have said nice attempt and keep it up then (maybe) made some suggestions to guide him to do it right. But 3rd party work that is wrong is never a good idea to comment on in a positive light. Others thinking cheap will hand him their mills and that is a costly mistake. He should not work on others mills for a long time by the looks of that video. Its the only reason I opened my mouth.

Latest posts

Members online

Back