IRC mid-tank. Build name to be determined.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are the rear hub carriers from the RSC and not the integys. Ike, if your interested in the integys, I've got the ones I used to run. I think I gave them to my buddy, but I can't remember. I'll check when I get back in town and let you know. If my buddy doesn't want them, then you can have them. I'll let you know.

jr, what happened to all the pics?

Allan, I started organizing my photobucket account and I'm just waitin on the word from Leroy so I can go back and edit them. Hopefully they'll be back up soon.

Been awhile since I updated this. I started to finish putting everything back together Friday night. While I was takin pics during the final mounting of parts, my camera crapped out on me and haven't had a chance to look into why. I've tried different batteries and it still did the same thing. Anyways, the truck is now almost finished. I just need to pick up a couple things from the LHS (if they have what I need) and the truck will be finished, for the time being. So, stay tuned for the final build pics.

Update Time !!!!!

Well. here's the latest update on this build. I'm about 90-95% done. All I have left to do is mount up the exhaust, air filter, and rims/tires and she'll be ready to roll. Also, I have to adjust/set-up all the suspension settings still, camber, toe, and ride height. So far, I've been pretty happy with this build, just wish I had more time to have gotten it done sooner. Only problems I ran into were tryin to figure out where to mount the on/off switch and a steering linkage fitment issue. Both are now straightened out. Getting the switch mounted just took alot of studying, thinking, and grinding/trimming the switch mount to get it to fit somewhere. The problem I had with the steering linkage was first, I installed the screw backwards (but correctly according the the instructions) and second, the turnbuckle was way to short. Only about 3-4mm of the threads were into the turnbuckle ends. Luckily I was able to find a longer turnbuckle at the LHS. Ok, enough of the :blahblah::blahblah: , here are the pics,

The first couple pics are the ones during final assembly before my camera acted up.
Full view
106_1053.jpg

Close up of throttle/brake servo and throttle linkage.
106_1056.jpg

Full side close-up
106_1054.jpg

Front half close-up
106_1055.jpg

Close-up of motor, motor mount, and motor mount plate. Also brakes.
106_1057.jpg

Close-up of steering servo and inside of the TVPs up front.
106_1058.jpg

Full left side of main final build.
106_1059.jpg

Full right side of main final build.
106_1060.jpg

Full front view.
106_1061.jpg

Full rear view.
106_1062.jpg

Closer left side view.
106_1063.jpg

Sweet build xtreme..:rock1:

More pics

Here are the rest of pics. Mainly all close ups.

Left side TVP showing Rx box, ant. mount, and bottom of tank and tank plate. You can also barely see the clearance with the steering linkage.
106_1070.jpg

Same area as above pic just a different angle.
106_1069.jpg

Right side TVP showing steering servo and linkage clearance. You can also see the exhaust hanger mount.
106_1067.jpg

On/Off switch mounting location. I was able to use an existing hole in the TVPs to mount the on/off switch. I just had to do alot of trimming and test fitting to get it in there.
106_1068.jpg

3/4 top view of throttle/brake servo along with the carb linkage adapter and linkage set-up.
106_1065.jpg

Top view of the same area in the above pic. The good thing about that carb linkage adapter is, I only have to set my throttle side EPA to about 25-30% throw. That's closed to WOT.
106_1066.jpg

Enjoy the pics and I'll post more once the exhaust, air filter, and rims/tires are all mounted up. That'll be after I get the suspension all st-up.

would you get a more-level link to your mixer if you went top of the servo horn to top of the mixer?

also, did the link on the linkage that drives your brake arm come with the kit or did you buy it separately/locally?

would you get a more-level link to your mixer if you went top of the servo horn to top of the mixer?

also, did the link on the linkage that drives your brake arm come with the kit or did you buy it separately/locally?

The angle was more if I mounted it on top of the servo arm for the throttle linkage. And the brake linkage is the old one I was using before. I just had to install a long rod goin from the cam rod to the servo arm.

All i see is
nopic.jpg

Brandon, where did you get that message box from? All the pics in the first couple page need to be reposted. I'm just waiting for permission to edit them all. I rearranged my photobucket account and that's why they aren't there. The last couple pages of updates with pics are workin just fine for me.

Brandon, where did you get that message box from? All the pics in the first couple page need to be reposted. I'm just waiting for permission to edit them all. I rearranged my photobucket account and that's why they aren't there. The last couple pages of updates with pics are workin just fine for me.

LOL
I found it when i was on google one night..
Just right click and save that pic and upload it to PB and it's yours forever =D

Latest updates. Truck is mainly finished except for the exhaust. I need to get a different 1-piece header cuz the one I have makes the pipe sit smack up against the TVPs and also creates a gap between the pipe and header. Gona try and make it to the LHS to see what alternatives I can go with. Other than that, the truck is done.

Finally got the savvy all finished up and runnin. I traded a friend of mine an alim. savvy motor mount for a ofna 086 pipe and header. I made out on that one. Ran it yest. afternoon, and all I got to say is "this sux". The tune on the motor is all messed up and it turns like a dump truck. I have no turning radius at all. I'm not sure if it's the rims/tires I'm usin or if I don't have enough of the stops grounded down on the RSC Ver.2. I'm gonna have to do some more investigating into the turning situation. I don't even wanna drive it til it turns better. It turned alot better stock then it does now. Hopefully I can get it all sorted out soon. I'll keep you guys posted.

Still workin on gettin this back runnin again. Tore the truck down over the past week and lookin everything over. Right now I'm just waitin on parts to be delivered so I can rebuild the diffs. No shops close to me had any o-rings cuz mine were shot. All the diff oil leaked out of the diffs. Also waitin to get some shims for inside the diff because the outdrives are way too loose. As far as the RSC goes, I'm buyin the one Dooley has listed in the 4-sale thread and gonna see if ver. 1 makes a big difference with the turning. Hopefully I'll get better turning out of Ver1 than what I have now. So, as usual, stay tuned for the next update.

New update. Diffs are done and the truck is fully assembled. Now I'm just waitin on some Proline badlands to be delivered so I can run again. I also put the V1 RSC on but haven't run it yet cuz I have no wheels on there. I also think i found the main problem as to why my turning radius sucked the first time out. The servo saver spring adjustment was way too loose. I forgot to tighten it up when I installed a new servo saver. opps. Hopefully that was my turnin problem. Also, in a few weeks, lookin to get a modded Picco. So any info on gearing and where to get the motor for a good price (asides from ebay) would be great. I believe I've read people are runnin 47/19 with thier modded piccos. Maybe this weekend, I'll be runnin to the LHS with my buddy and gonna pick up a set of AKA premounted truggy rims & tires so I can get it up and runnin before the badlands show up. So, stay tuned for the next update.

Also forgot to mention above that the diffs haven't leaked a drop since the rebuild. I tried savagesams tip along with usin a different o-ring on the outdrive shaft inside the diff case. I used a Ofna P46 o-ring and it fit snug around the shaft. Better than the stock HPI one. I also coated the crap out of the o-ring with 100k diff oil before installing (that's the tip from savagesam).

Another update. I redid the shocks again. This time I used 40wt oil instead of 35wt oil (all I had at the time) and swapped out the shock limiter for a longer piece. Went from a 20mm long piece to a 25mm long piece. Also got the RC Raven dual rate springs (black of course). Below are some pics of the new ride height and ground clearance with the suspension fully compressed. Also, 2 pics of the steering throw.

This pic is of the front uncompressed and settled.
106_1143.jpg

This is the front fully compressed.
106_1144.jpg

This is the rear uncompressed and settled.
106_1145.jpg

This is the rear fully compressed.
106_1146.jpg

This is a top view of the steering throw full right.
106_1147.jpg

This is a top view of the steering throw full left.
106_1148.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I haven't run it yet with the 40wt. oil and Rc Raven springs. Gonna try and run it this weekend hopefully.

That looks good JR.

How are the bones? Check the outer most side of the pin in the cup at full turn. If the pin comes out and its not SHD it will pop out running it. If not your good.

SHD let you get away with more but you can still pop them out

That looks good JR.

How are the bones? Check the outer most side of the pin in the cup at full turn. If the pin comes out and its not SHD it will pop out running it. If not your good.

SHD let you get away with more but you can still pop them out

That's full lock on the steering. If I can get anymore, I'll have to grind the stops a bit (it's also V1 of the RSC incase you didn't know), which I don't really wanna do. And I'd also have to pull the tank and plate and redo the steering linkage. And yes I'm runnin SHD (flux/xl bones, axles, and outdrives) and I'll check tom. when I get home from work and let you know here how close the pin is to the end of the axle at full lock. It'll probably be around 4:30-5ish when I'm gonna post about the pin. I'm also not runnin the o-rings inside the outdrive cuz they were causin the bones to bind when installed. Thanks for the input.

i agree with bank, you should try not to pop a bone.

need to see pics of the full finished truck. irc kit looks good.

Just in case check the bones when the shock is fully extented

Joe, check my next post for more pics of the suspension setup and everything.

i agree with bank, you should try not to pop a bone.

need to see pics of the full finished truck. irc kit looks good.

Fred, full finished pics have been up for awhile now. Gonna take and post some more with the blue groove rims w/ badlands mounted. Gonna be pics with all the offset configs. you can do with the BG rims. But, check a couple pages back for the full finished truck pics. Also, I'm not tryin to pop the bones out. I just want a much turn radius as I can get.

Latest posts

Members online

Back