IRC mid-tank. Build name to be determined.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin great jr I'm diggin' this build.

Do you have all the part numbers from irc? I am getting ready to get the midtank kit and just wondering if I'm forgetting anything, am I going to need to get any other parts for the steering conversion? also does the kit come with the center skid or do you have to get that to?

Do you have all the part numbers from irc? I am getting ready to get the midtank kit and just wondering if I'm forgetting anything, am I going to need to get any other parts for the steering conversion? also does the kit come with the center skid or do you have to get that to?

What all IRC parts do you already have or goin to get? LMK on that and I'll post the links and/or part numbers for what I used. I don't think you'll need anything else for the steering conversion (RSC). Everything you need for that comes with the kit. But, remember, with the RSC you can only run a single shock set-up with. So, if you don't already have BB, you'll need those too. LMK and I'll help you out the best I can,

Cool thanks the 2 things I'm going to be getting are tvp's (Product Model: ext1+6-blk) Mid Tank mod Kit
Product Model: 071102-4
Which Battery Box mount do you recommend, and I don't see a differance on the Battery mount type X or non-X

Cool thanks the 2 things I'm going to be getting are tvp's (Product Model: ext1+6-blk) Mid Tank mod Kit
Product Model: 071102-4
Which Battery Box mount do you recommend, and I don't see a differance on the Battery mount type X or non-X

ike, I'll link you to the parts that I ordered from IRC and tell you about the others.

here's the TVP kit that I got
http://www.innovative-rc.com/black-....html?osCsid=d8016be98d36733182ef60e84926e9bf

mid-tank kit. If your gonna go with the black TVP kit, you can also get the mid-tank kit in black ano also. You just have to mention that you want the black mid-tank kit in the comment box when placing your order. Reason being, Rob doesn't fully have the website redesigned and has the black mid-tank kit listed.
http://www.innovative-rc.com/innovativerc-tank-p-312.html?osCsid=d8016be98d36733182ef60e84926e9bf

As far as the battery boxes go, I got the mount for the firestorm box because I already had the firestorm box, so there was no need for me to get the rush box mount and have to buy a second batt box, if you know what I mean. I would suggest just goin with the firestorm batt box, that way you can just order the box from rob with the IRC order or find it cheaper at another store or ebay. Just checked and both boxes are available through tower hobbies and found both on ebay. Both tower and ebay prices are half of what the price is on IRC. So, the batt box style is your choice, which ever you like best. I'm not sure about the rush box, but, the firestorm box lid is held on by 2 body pins and is easy access to the batt when need be. As far as mount type goes, it depends on what style savage you have. If you have the older 21,25, ss4.6(non-x versions) then go with that one. If you have a savage x, then get the x style mount. I got the x style mount because that's what type of bulkhead and shock towers I have. Hope this helps you out any. If you have any more questions or need help, just let me know.

Sweet! I have the old style SS 4.6 right before the X came out about a month after kind mad about that but o-well I am going to be upgradeing to the X style shock towers and flux diff and bulk heads also. I have a traxxas hump pack will that fit in the firestorm box? Also 2 other questions with the reciver do you still mount that under the new tank location and the ant. location because the tank takes up a good bit a room and the on/off switch where did or should it be put? Thanks for the links and help.

Sweet! I have the old style SS 4.6 right before the X came out about a month after kind mad about that but o-well I am going to be upgradeing to the X style shock towers and flux diff and bulk heads also. I have a traxxas hump pack will that fit in the firestorm box? Also 2 other questions with the reciver do you still mount that under the new tank location and the ant. location because the tank takes up a good bit a room and the on/off switch where did or should it be put? Thanks for the links and help.

Yeh, if your gonna be upgrading to the X-style towers and bulks (Flux), then go with the X-style batt. box mount. You have a link or pic of the traxxas hump pack? If it's a typical 2/3 type hump pack, than yes it'll fit. If you using the IRC mid-tank kit, the Rx mounts in the black box that's mounted under the mid-tank kit. It mounts in this box (included with the mid-tank kit)
http://www.innovative-rc.com/stearing-reciver-p-310.html?osCsid=33165887c73fb98ffbe96dd376e0d32f
which also is used to mount the steering servo. Example pics can be found here to give you an idea as to how it all mounts up.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11826

As far as the ant. mount and on/off switch, that has yet to be determined because I haven't gotten that far yet with the build. I did get a new ant. mount and have an idea as to how I'm gonna mount the ant., but not sure if it'll work yet or not. Once I get to that point, I'll let you know and of course there will be pics to go along with it. Let me know if you need anymore help.

You da man! thank for all the help One other thing, Where did you get that nice on/off switch with the battery check?
heres the hump pack I have
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHFP6&P=7

That hump pack will fit in the firestorm batt. box. That's a standard size hump pack. As far as the on/off switch, are you talking about the on in the build thread that I linked? If so, that wasn't my build, so I couldn't tell you. All I know is that it is a KO Propo, and I know that cuz it's listed in the thread.

Ok thanks I haven't been payin attention to the links that have been posted I guess I'll have to re-read the post and see If I can find that KO Propo switch.

Ok thanks I haven't been payin attention to the links that have been posted I guess I'll have to re-read the post and see If I can find that KO Propo switch.

Checked Ebay, but couldn't come up with anything. Either that, or I was just getting too tired from starin at the comp. screen and gave up lookin. It's been along day.

Got a little bit of work done on the savvy over the weekend. I just didn't have a chance to get pics and post an update. I'll do that on friday cuz I'll be back home on thur. nite. I'll do the update and pics before i get more work done on it. So, stay tuned.

Ok guys, here's the pics and full update from the work I got done last wekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get some done this wekend, but time will tell/

First set of 3 pics are of the front end assembly. Parts are, PRC153 lower bulkhead plates, bulkhead, shock tower, black aon'd twin chassis braces, steering posts, and black ano'd lower arm braces.
106_1030.jpg

106_1031.jpg

106_1032.jpg

Next set of 3 pics are of the rear end assembly. Parts are, PRC153 lower bulkhead plate, bulkhead, shock tower, black ano'd chassis brace, and black ano'd lower arm braces.
106_1033.jpg

106_1034.jpg

106_1035.jpg

Next 2 pics are are of the wing assembly. Parts are PRC184 wing mount to stock towers, Hot Bodies wing stay C8152, and pro-line 1/8th high downforce wing 6023-03.
106_1036.jpg

106_1037.jpg

Enjoy the new pics and very slow work in progress. Until next update.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from runnin my dad around and goin to the ofice of the company I work for to take care of some paper work and when I got home, I had a nice visit from Mr. FedEx man. And look what he just delivered.

106_1038.jpg

Gonna try and get the front and rear assemblies done this weekend. And hoping to have the truck done in a couple weeks, hopefully. Stayed tuned for more work in progress pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
No new updates. Didn't get a chance to work on the truck like I wanted too. Plan on getting the front and rear assemblies done on Friday. Along with getting the exterior of the motor cleaned up real good then checkin the internals for possible sand/dirt wear. Hopefully it doesn't have any. I'll post more pics once I get the front and rears done.

Got a little bit to update about. Got the rear assembly completely done. Next weekend I'll get the front done and maybe the motor cleaned up and inspected. Only thing left to do on the rear assembly is final adjustment tweaks, that's about it. Here's the multiple pics at different angles. Enjoy...

106_1039.jpg

106_1040.jpg

106_1041.jpg

106_1042.jpg

106_1043.jpg

106_1044.jpg

106_1045.jpg

106_1046.jpg

106_1047.jpg

106_1048.jpg

And I'm sorry about all the other previous pics posted. I started movin pics around in my account and need to repost them. Just tryin to organize my photobucket account to make it easier to find pics.

Are you talkin about the plastic pieces stickin out from the shock tower? If so, it's the Hot Bodies wing stay for adding a wing to the savage.

Where did you get them nice rear-tie rod elematiors from I want to do that but I will not get anything from integty.

those are from the hpi rsc but the integy rear tie rod eliminators are really good haven't heard anyone breaking a set or having them get messed up.

Where did you get them nice rear-tie rod elematiors from I want to do that but I will not get anything from integty.

those are from the hpi rsc but the integy rear tie rod eliminators are really good haven't heard anyone breaking a set or having them get messed up.

Thanks Com for gettin that answered for me. I've got limited access to a comp, that's why I didn't answer earlier. I have a set of the integy rear hubs. I haven't had any problems with them. The only thing I did was bent the hinge pin and had to "make" a stock hinge pin work. Also, the difference between the integy and HPI RSC is the fact that the integy rear hub doesn't have the toe built into it like the RSC rear hub does. Hope this additional info helps Ike.

I might be wrong but i think those carriers are the Integy HD carriers, and he had them anodized

they the rear hub carriers from the rsc just anodized black but i don't think they sell these separate. i think your best best would be integy rear hub carriers.

Latest posts

Members online

Back