insert in carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkracing

Hello,
Was wondering , do I remove the insert thats in the carb on the 5.9?
Thanks

you don't have to........but we did on my friends to let more air get to the engine...i think that makes it like a 9.5mm carb opening! make sure to go a lil rich before u run it. makes the world of difference. let me know what it does for you. it make the XL's wheels more hard to keep on the ground!

Carb inserts I'm fairly sure were designed more for the racer in mind. On heat racing, by installing different size inserts you can control air intake thus better gas mileage means less stopping. Soulja is correct, it will give u more power for bashing so throw gas mileage out the window, who cares. The track is all about consistency and smooth power delivery.

There is a little more to the insert then just fuel economy, it also helps funnel the air down into the carb for better venturi action. This aids in atomization of the fuel which in turn helps the engine to run more consistently. I have run with no insert's, I have always put them back in after.

No the plastic retainer is part of the carb you have to buy the whole thing to get it

Latest posts

Members online

Back