Info on FLM bulks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bauerdog

thinking of upgrading to a set of FLM bulkheads. I've been reading lots of good reviews on them here, just want to get as much info as I can on them before spending the $$$
I'll be running the original diffs from my X SS (for now, there still in good shape and working perfect) Is the flm40000 the one I'm looking for? Also, Will my SHD drive cups fit alright? If not, will my SHD drive shafts fit the FLM drive cups?

thinking of upgrading to a set of FLM bulkheads. I've been reading lots of good reviews on them here, just want to get as much info as I can on them before spending the $$$
I'll be running the original diffs from my X SS (for now, there still in good shape and working perfect) Is the flm40000 the one I'm looking for? Also, Will my SHD drive cups fit alright? If not, will my SHD drive shafts fit the FLM drive cups?
Did you end up putting these in your Savage. I was thinking of doing the same thing in my XL.

You will need the FLM 40010 because the FLM drivecups are included. You need FLM drivecups with the bulkhead beacuse the stock ones are too thick. Now, good luck getting into contact with FLM. They haven't responded me in 6 months about an inquiry.

You will need the FLM 40010 because the FLM drivecups are included. You need FLM drivecups with the bulkhead beacuse the stock ones are too thick. Now, good luck getting into contact with FLM. They haven't responded me in 6 months about an inquiry.
I got lucky and found one set on a rc web sight. There's a guy on ebay that keeps a good stock of savage FLM Parts. Mega RC guy is the name. Check him out

Yes I know but he doesn't sell the drive cups needed in order to use the hybrid bulks. According to him, FLM doesn't respond to email and he has been waiting 2 months alreaddy for the drive cups. I have emailed and called FLM as well as RC-monster but they don't repond so screw them. I won't support a company that can't answer basic questions weither they have items in stock or not. it is stupid that they don't respond when there is a demand for their items. I keep to Alza, they always respond in real time and I don't have to pay any silly import tax.

I got a reply from FLM, the 40010 hybrid bulk incl. drive cups takes 2 months to deliver as they don't have it stock or planning on making it unless they get enough orders. Well, its your own loss not mine :D .

I got a reply from FLM, the 40010 hybrid bulk incl. drive cups takes 2 months to deliver as they don't have it stock or planning on making it unless they get enough orders. Well, its your own loss not mine :D .
I just don't get this company. Do you have another suggestion on quality bulkheads

Stock bulks are pretty decent because they allow for easy maintenance. You could always get the alza bulkhead brace that reinforce the bulkhead area as well as the tie rod braces which are 3mm instead of 2.5mm. I also use the tie rod brace because it looks cool but I don't know what benefit it gives.

I also want FLM bulks but their lead time is 2 months, also you have to remove the whole frontal part in order to get to the diffs with the FLM bulks, which is annoying.

Yes that is correct, but one is for buggy diffs and CEN diffs, the other one is for standard savage diffs. Either way both are useless unless you have the FLM drive cups. Mega-rc has been waiting for FLM drive cups over 2 months.

I also use the tie rod brace because it looks cool but I don't know what benefit it gives
It ties the two tierod mounting arms/ears together on the axle carrier to help spread the load so your less likely to break one of the ears off. That's an old upgrade that people used to even do since the savage 21 was around.

I use integy hub carriers in the rear, but I still have that alza tie rod brace because it looks dope. Will get one for the front as well som time hehe.

I use integy hub carriers in the rear, but I still have that alza tie rod brace because it looks dope. Will get one for the front as well som time hehe.
Could I see a picture sometimes I have trouble following all these terms

Oh geez, that's not the tierod brace I thought it was. The one I thought it was was one new era used to make that connects the 2 axle carrier ears together on each corner of the truck. Without looking at the install picture, it's even shaped similarly. lol

New Era HSV337, sorry, couldn't find a better photo of it installed:
2018-0601-SavageCarrierBrace-NewEraHSV337.jpg

After you said you used it on the rear with integy carriers, I was like, HOW?!?! Then I looked at the part/photo's on alza's site and see it's to tie the inside bolts together so they don't rip out of the bulks as easy.

Nobody wants to wait 2 months on drive cups so they can use hybrid bulks, I can't support a company that has so long lead time. Almost as long lead time as a brand new car. Alza machine their stuff right away if they don't have it in stock. Just got some custom battery boxes and skid plate and it got machined in 1 day.

I am not sure I even want to support FLM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back