HPI Savage X kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbhm

Hello everyone!

I am going to be looking to get my first RC "monster truck" over summer. I already have 2 ECX bashers and a Traxxas TRX-4, I am looking to get a nitro something.

I really want a kit. Loved building the TRX-4 and want to do the same with this.

I found a bunch of articles from late 2017 saying HPI re-released the HPI Savage X 4.6 kit but I cannot find anything else. Did it not work out? Already discontinued?

Would appreciate any help on the matter. I was recommended HPI because they are near indestructible. I want to be able to do jumps and stuff of the like so it sounded perfect.

Thanks!

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a Savage kit (aside from the Savage XS SS kit, but that's the mini savage) since the Savage X SS. It has been discontinued for quite some time. Kits are becoming rarer and rarer and almost nothing is available in kit form.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a Savage kit (aside from the Savage XS SS kit, but that's the mini savage) since the Savage X SS. It has been discontinued for quite some time. Kits are becoming rarer and rarer and almost nothing is available in kit form.

I was afraid of that. I would even take the SS if I could find a new kit, haha.

I'll see what I end up with. I understand HPI's decision in axing the kits, just wish they didn't.

Thanks for the info!

snip

Sadly that, along with most of what was previewed at the Nurnberg toy fair that year was never released. HPI went through bankruptcy and then was bought.

That's exactly it. That's sad. :(

That's exactly it. That's sad. :(

Actually, I take that back. I haven't looked through that in quite some time. The sad part is that I think the only RC on that preview that hasn't been released (it took them quite a while to get most of those out) is the one you want, the new Savage X SS.

Actually, I take that back. I haven't looked through that in quite some time. The sad part is that I think the only RC on that preview that hasn't been released (it took them quite a while to get most of those out) is the one you want, the new Savage X SS.

As in some of those were released so recently that it's possible the Savage X SS is still coming?

I doubt it either way, like you said kits aren't really "in" anymore. That would be just about the only Nitro monster truck kit on the market.

As in some of those were released so recently that it's possible the Savage X SS is still coming?

I doubt it either way, like you said kits aren't really "in" anymore. That would be just about the only Nitro monster truck kit on the market.

It's certainly possible. You could always try contacting HPI or Ripmax (company that bought HPI), see if anyone will give you a solid answer.

It's certainly possible. You could always try contacting HPI or Ripmax (company that bought HPI), see if anyone will give you a solid answer.

Just shot off an email to HPI and will send one to Ripmax now. Thanks for all the info, I will be back here when I get an answer!

If you have money to burn, Tekno still makes Nitro kits. Great kits, but they cost alot and you'll need to supply your own electronics and engine.

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr540...on-nitro-truggy-kit/#tab-detailed-description

It will be over summer so I'll have some money to burn, but a Tekno would be right over $1000 if I took my time and found deals. I know this because I've wanted one since I got back into RC lol. That's a bit more than I'm looking to spend.

Definitely a better price and my first choice if HPI doesn't release this kit.

I am not sure what the price of the Savage X SS would even be, I assume less than these but not even sure. Seeing as the normal X 4.6 is $499 RTR I don't think the kit would be terrible.

HPI said they were hoping to have more supply of other parts in the coming months, hopefully they do something with Savage kits. It really is sad seeing all these RTRs overrun the market.

Latest posts

Members online

Back