Hpi Savage Picture Thread (post pics here)

ELWOOD

Congrats, next Year means you still have time to practice saying "Yes Dear" LOL

Last edited:

olds97_lss

Besides the Savages and the BAJA this little 1/10 scale Associated SC10-GT2 screams in the Dunes with Paddles on. Fused two fuel tanks together with J.B. Weld and doubled the run time. Has a TIGER DRIVE for starting and I Modded the Body so I can Fuel up without having to take the body off.

View attachment 4857 View attachment 4858 View attachment 4859 View attachment 4860
Surprised JB Weld stuck to the tank. I tried fixing a crack in a few with JB and it would never adhere properly. Even after cleaning with DA and roughing it up with fine sand paper.

ELWOOD

Surprised JB Weld stuck to the tank. I tried fixing a crack in a few with JB and it would never adhere properly. Even after cleaning with DA and roughing it up with fine sand paper.
That's exactly what I did Except both tanks where brand new, patched the old tank when I first got the Buggy as had crack in it only difference is I used Berryman Carb cleaner it takes off the oil from fuel. Note don't use Brake cleaner !!

ELWOOD

Well olds I guess you were right , Ran maybe 3 tanks through the Buggy and the JB Weld let go. I had used the Original JB Weld , Found something from Loctite that's for "Plastics" . Before I roughed tanks up a little ,this time I hit hard with some old 80 Grit and used the
Plastic Bonder after cleaning with Carb cleaner. Will give update after I let it cure and run the Buggy again.

Attachments

ELWOOD

Johnson Valley Dune Pics. Found this old Toyota buried at the edge of the dunes.
The bottom Pic we call the Barstow Doughnut , That was after doing a Monster Truck doughnut for a good 2 minutes ,man that dirt is hard.

20171224_122054.jpg 20171224_133721.jpg 20171224_133949.jpg 20171224_133924.jpg BARSTOW  DOUGHNUT.jpg

Last edited: