HPI Roll Cage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Hi, was trying to find out if either the Savage X or XL HPI Roll cage would fit my Sav 21 but with Innovative RC Extended chassis plates, but can’t work out which one would best fit, even with some modification!
See the Sav X is about the same length as mine 534mm, do any of you have either fitted so I could ask/check dimensions etc please?
Many Thanks

You're saying the X TVPS are the same length as your IRC extended TVPs? That seems unlikely. Unless you have one of IRC's TVPs that aren't extended. It's possible one will fit, but I would contact IRC to see if they know for sure. IRC has made several types of extended TVPs over the years. Without more info as to which you have, it will all be guessing if it will fit.

Okay get what your saying, but was hoping someone on here could give me certain fixed measurements from there’s to cross reference on mine!
Is Innovative RC still in business then?

Is Innovative RC still in business then?
Well their site is still active and they are still selling parts so I assume so ?

And without being a super scientific response, I think its very unlikely that the Savage X is the same length as the extended TVPs from Innovative RC, or any other extended TVPs for that matter.

Most upgraded TVPs will use the same dimensions as the standard TVPs so you don't require any custom length driveshafts etc. For example, I have a savage XL and used the Alza racing extended TVP upgrade, they are the same length as the savage XL.

So maybe your savage 21 "XL" is the same length as a Savage XL. If you're using XL driveshafts then that would pretty much confirm this theory. If they're custom length driveshafts then the chassis is likely a custom length.

**Edit**
This was my 250th message! Yayyy! ???

Okay so if I measure end to end my TVPs & Drive shafts this could help hone in on best roll cage option?
If it is the XL roll cage this would have to be modded as I see it fits into centre of grab handle, as mine is metal old school!

Great think I have found my tvps on there web site & it says it extends savage by 6mm but still uses standard d/bones.
So with modification can the savage x r/cage fit I wonder?

Standard savage x I guess as the XL r/cage would be to long!

Got the savage X Roll cage today & sadly not a great fit or even work around mod, perhaps I should have gone for XL version? ?

Latest posts

Members online

Back