HPI Mega Bore Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

Google, find it elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good . you need to make a brace that will allow you to mount the shocks more to the middle of the shock tower should give you more travel.. just my $0.02

nice! what weight oil and piston are you running? also where did you get those shaft covers?

okay never mind. i thought those were the big bores.

(useful information removed)

May I know what shock is it (the big bore), from HPI?

whip, great thread & I'm diggin' those shocks.... i'd be real interested in your feedback after you run 'em independent on all 4 corners to see how they stand up behind the flex tek's & if your convinced that they are worth the $$ bro..

Well I added some FLM towers and was able to gain over an inch travel with these things. I think once I add some standoffs and move the bottom of the shocks to the lower holes on the arms, I should be getting almost 100% travel on these huge shocks. (As it is now, they have more travel than the stock or big bore shocks, and miles more than the LST mods.

I drove it around today. (I finally got the test the CEN diffs (thanks again Nik)) and these shocks are smoother than one may think, but no way will bottom out. I need get some high flying jumps at the BMX track, but I think I am REALLY going to like this mod.

I still have to do this to the rear as well before I'll really know.

Here are a couple of updated pics:

Wow, heard you say in shout that you got the flm towers ... definately need to see some bmx video footage & then a review of how they hold up to your bash ... great idea, I'm diggin' 'em:10:

100% Travel from the 5B shocks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back