HPI Mega Bore Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks awsome!! i bet it handles great setup like that!!!!!

(useful information removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Shaun, it actually handles very well. I never roll it. (I also have swaybars that help too) But this is being built for big landings. :jamout:

how much of a difference is there when running the sway bars? i've been looking at them for a while now but didnt really know how well they work!!

I think they are a great compliment to the shocks Shaun. The suspension arms are rigid so they took a lot of slop and body roll out and these only enhanced that.

Being that my truck is a lot faster than Sunkenmetal's, it really comes in handy when running over him. lol jab-jab. :stickspank:

hmmmm well seee

Thanks. I am going to take yours from your baja when you hop yours up. :)

The 2 MRS8's are stiffer than the 5b's. Drove it today and it was pretty nice with how it's setup now.

But seriously they'll come after the xmas ski trip.

flex tech arms + baja shocks + xmas ski trip = whips cant possibly be married (LOL)

Thanks. I am going to take yours from your baja when you hop yours up. :)

The 2 MRS8's are stiffer than the 5b's. Drove it today and it was pretty nice with how it's setup now.

But seriously they'll come after the xmas ski trip.

yeah ill probably have to sell all my other RC stuff to afford the baja hop ups... :duh:

I was thinking about getting more travel with the Savage X A-Arms. If you were to flip the stock arms you could lower the shock mounting hole about .625†of an inch... so you would get more travel with 5b shocks using stock X arms…
First thing you would have to do is get out the dremel and sand some clearance spots for the dog bones.
DSC_4863.jpg

Then put the right arm flipped over on the left side of the truck, and the left on the right side of the truck. Sounds wacky but it should work…
DSC_4861.jpg

DSC_4862.jpg

Only other thing I can think of needs some kind of spacer so that the bottom of the 5B shock clears the a-arm and upper arms…
I haven’t tried it yet, but might do it next week see how it works out..
What do you guys think of my theory…?

that should work fine sunk but one would have to keep an eye on the shock eyelet and mounting point for wear as you rub the truck over things.

true, but you could also use a longer bolt.. also its pretty close to the wheels so i don't think it would be much of a problem...

One thing about the baja shocks. to mount them on the savage you loose about an inch of travel on the stroke to mount them. if you compare that with say a msr8 or big bore you have less travel than a savage made shock. i can't get anyone to cut me new springs yet to get lighter springs but still working on it. calling a few places. If I find a place that can cut me new springs without changing and charging me for a tooling change I will let you know.

5B Shock Mod - COMPLETE!!

lookin good whip..... now want to hear your review after a good thrashing

Carnage from weekend