Hpi 4.6 engine trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alanc16

No idea what’s going on, any help appreciated I took this out of the engine and don’t know what it is

Attachments

• 6E6926CB-9950-4E1F-AB4A-6BA775929CE4.jpeg
    6E6926CB-9950-4E1F-AB4A-6BA775929CE4.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 21
Looks to be some sort of early HPI engine (there were several early iterations), as for your video is there a question there somewhere? it seems to stick and should be torn down and at least inspected for damage is the cooling head moving around? it looks loose in your video, as for that piece of aluminum in your attachment, I have no idea? is it part of the engine or a chassis part or what? I do not know...

The cooling head is fine, it turns over perfect with no glow plug in and one the glow plug is in it has really good compression but then locks up, removing the glow plug and giving the engine a tap or shake and it will turn over again

I’m thinking it might be from this from the shape and bevelled on both ends

Attachments

• E1749D5D-F115-4241-A81F-E77CB8476F33.jpeg
    E1749D5D-F115-4241-A81F-E77CB8476F33.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 1
@Alanc16 If that is part of the piston skirt, the part below the connecting rod pin then it could let the piston tilt in the cylinder and bind. I would take the engine apart to see where that piece came from inside. Things shouldn't fall out of your engine...

Last edited:
I’m thinking it might be from this from the shape and bevelled on both ends

The part circled is the cylinder sleeve of the engine, either way whatever that piece is from you do need to completely disassemble that engine and find out why it sticks and possibly where that piece of aluminum came from, I do not see any brass color on it so I doubt it is from the sleeve...
More pictures of what you find will tell the tale of that engine...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back