How is hpi with engine defects? K46 is leaking like mad...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I just finished breaking in my truck last friday doing the heat cycle method.
Or...in hpi's books, the suggested way. Which worked on my last motor too, I just wanted to try this way.

Anyway, my front crank case bearing is leaking like crazy. Which kind of ****es me off...

What do they normally do for that? Just send you a new bearing?

Haven't gotten a hold of anyone at hpi yet, when I've called from work I've always had to wait soo long I get in **** for being on the phone so long. And I think they're closed by the time I get off.

So, just curious. I will HAVE to talk to them sooner or later. I just haven't gotten a hold of anybody yet.

Or email them, I've had great luck with emailing them. They usually respond in 1-3 days though due to backlogs. But I've never really been in a great hurry for any of my questions.

well, got in contact finnaly. going to suck being out a motor for a month. my f46 is pooched, so, not a good donor for the time.

why don't you just tell them you know you have a leaky front engine bearing and have them send you just that piece. then you bake your crank and replace it. only takes about 15 minutes not including the time it takes your oven to pre-heat

Yeah... I've replaced a bunch on my f motor. I just, don't want to mess about with the new engine that much and possibly be held responsible "trying" to fix it and actually damage something while its on warranty.

Sounds dumb, but something as simple as removing the fly wheel the last time with my f46 resulted in breaking it using the puller.

Ewww... I tried my f46 motor tonight and it made me want to kick babies! I think I'll go your guys' route so I don't completely loose my mind. I'll just have to clean more for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will sir.

Funny thing is the more I run this thing, the less it leaks. Infact, I don't think its even now...

Has anybody experienced that? Perhaps a heavily rich condition causing so much crankcase pressure pushing fluid past a seal?

I dunno. I have funny karma...

Engines not leaking... but I ****ed a servo on a weird jump tonight. So, one things breaks a five bill into a couple smaller things...

Awesome. I'll keep breaking other parts then.

Latest posts

Members online

Back