Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendchris

Just got an axial 28 in my savage. I have followed break in procedures listed on this site. My problem is I still overheat , I have checked and sealed the motor, checked drivetrain and components for undue resistance, and even checked my clutches and exhust system to make sure nothing screwie was going on,as well as carb adjustment. With no good answer.Motor runs smoth idels great no hickups. maybe not completely broke in? i have about 10 tanks through it. Any ideas?

had a the same problem a few weeks ago. here is what happened to me. Idle screw was turned too far up but is was still idling fine because the lsn was too lean. this was causing the temps to spike in about a minute and a half. take your air filter off and check the gap it should be somewhere around 1 mm. if it is more bring the idle down and retune, even if it is around 1mm bring it down some mine ended up being set to around .5-.75mm. Good luck.

high temps after running for a min . not even running hard. going to check the fuel lines and tank great idea forgot about that . Have been shutting down when reaching 260 . needle changes make diff in performance but still have an eventual heat prob .

260 is not too hot, in fact it should be ripping about that temp. temps are a good check on the fly when running to see if there is any problems, but do NOT tune to temps. Tune to performance and smoke.

260 is a very resonable temp for the Axial .28. How much fuel have you had through it? Every Axial I've had has run hot 260-270 degrees and up during the first gallon. If you haven't put a gallon through it yet no need to worry the temps should drop around the gallon mark. Even if you already went through a gallon don't worry 260 is a safe tempure. As long as it runs fine and you are getting a thick stream of exhaust coming out your good. Just try to keep that bad boy under 300 :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back