Help me help a kid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got to thinking, Has anyone ever done a savage with a flat chassis?

The front and rear assemblies would drop right on, get a center diff, mount the mattery trays flat, make braces for the front/rear assemblies from turnbuckles or something to that effect. and then you have a Bl savage truggy :)

Heres a mugen setup with flux battery trays
mbx6t10.jpg

That aint' a savage thats a mugan with savage battery boxes. I have losi sway bar balls on my truck does that make it a lst?

To my dismay, the Hpi motor clamps are not going to work :(.

one of them will fit on the front of the motorr, but the rear clamp just wont work.. So, on to the alternative. I'm going to make a standard motor plate out of 1/4in 7075 aluminum stock, and bolt it to the flux motor plate and braces, to keep the same adjust ment range but no the clamps. I also want to try and lower the motor so I can avoid the need to cut a giant hole in the side of my tvp... We will see when I get them

Made my motor mount, Its very sturdy but I need to brace the motor plate length wise as it flexes...

Mounted my wing on the wing mount, ready for everything else. I get the things tommorow!

1205091627.jpg

1205091711_01.jpg

Hey baja boy

I do have a few things
-rear toe links
-steering bellcrank bearings/bushings
-servo arm and short link to belcrank

Thanks a million guys.

Too bad alex left the transmission home lol.

my motor mount wont work, i need to install the transmission and work out a solution..

pics shortly

SOOO. finally

ARound 11 alex dropped off the parts for my truck. come to find out he left the transmission home, so no motor mount or anything.

Then sifting through the parts, i found that it didn't have any suspension hinge pins... So Try and find substitutes, wait and get them or make my own.. So i went down to the local hardware store and picked up 5/32 hardened steel rod. and made ALL my hinges with it.

I went through and installed the front and rear assemblies with the hex head hardware i got, installed skids and bumpers, made outer hinge pins, installed shocks, and started to put together my radio box.

I still need bearings for the steering bellcrank assembly, the upright posts for the belcrank and 2 toe links for the rear suspension.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

1206091922_01.jpg

1206091941_01.jpg

1206091938.jpg

Another Big up date. scavenging around the shop today i was trying to figure out a way get the steering installed.. My main problem was finding bearings to fit in the steering assembly. The answer came in the form of bearings from an old transmission out of an electric duratrax evader... Next came the steering posts. Found a great match with Center differential mounting posts from an ofna Hyper 7 which i had lying in the junk box.. One end was drilled for m3, and one end was larger with an m4 opening. Hacked off the large end and it made perfect steering posts, they bolted into the stock location and work great.

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a7.jpg

a6.jpg

a5.jpg

Then i just had to dry fit the wheel tires and body!!

a13.jpg

a12.jpg

lookin' good ben, almost there. you going to add any additional bracing between the tvps ?

hey..
where did you get the stickers for the lights on the front bumper ?

seriously ben ?
LINKY

i'm a little insulted i donated parts and 3 months later you turn around and sell it. bad form in my opinion, but i guess i deserved it.

Real smooth Ben. That was a major stab to the back to the people that donated you parts.

Especially since it seems as though he tried to keep it secret by not posting it here. I don't mean to bash anybody, and I didn't happen to donate anything toward the truck, but it does seems kinda shady.

Agreed. I don't know how he could be so foolish to sell it when he knows that forum members bash where he bashes.

i like the fact he asked ppeople to donate when he had a losi eight with a tekin rx8 lol thats some coin there

that's messed up. i pity for that foo's soul. to be honest man and i hate to say it like this....but i better know ya or you better have some serious time in HPISF for me to help. i work too hard for what i got....

He's a con man. He knew it form the get. Came here played NJ and all the hard working, caring members you all are then goes off and sells it on RC tech. The guy is a looser in my book.

Ben your done here go screw RC tech. Life will get even with you.

The person who got hurt the most here is Alex. He reached out to everyone and pulled this together for the kid. I was glad to help and would do it again but just wish it had not turned out like this.

This is what makes it worse for me. I spoke to him 2 weeks ago at the season opener race at my local hobby track. He was all cool and friendly until I mentioned the Flux. Then he was no where to be found. I didn't realize it until now, since I was fighting with my son's truck all day - but now it adds up.

Alex tried to do something nice, and he took advantage. If Alex put it together under the impression that he was in a bad way, as soon as he found out, he should have thanked everyone profusely, and declined it - or - auctioned it off for a charity - whatever.

Hope I don't run into him again at Hobby Hut. Won't be pretty.

Bob

Yup me either.. i felt this was something shady since day one.. OH WELL. Live and learn guys..

Me too.

The person who got hurt the most here is Alex.

The kid wasn't a member here before the creation of this thread. Nor (as far as i can tell) did he own a Savage.

Alex (through the many good qualities he has) has developed a relationship with his friends on this forum & put his butt on the table to help a kid that he thought he was doing the right thing for.

There is a good life lesson here
:

Make sure get that feeling in your gut about a guy before you put your reputation on the line for him & if you do stick your head out for a person, first check their hands & make sure they're not the one holding the axe.

Here is the thread on RC Tech.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/375295-custom-savage-flux-xl-roller.html

sorry for the second post, but it's on my mind so i gotta ask:

Did this kid ever really want the truck?

I went back and re-read his posts on here and it seems he is more into the buggy/truggy racing and all that.

He never even put a motor/esc into it?

He didnt seem interested in it to me?

Did he really do anything wrong?

Latest posts

Members online

Back