Help me help a kid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got another batch of parts. Only a few more things left on the list anyone have anything to donate to the cause.

Haven't had a chance to even start yet still need a few things and cash is tight right now. Heck my own truck is still broken and I need to get that fixed for a bash this weekend.

I will start putting together what we have so far this week but I am waiting on a few things that are still in the mail and we still need some stuff. Any one who would like to donate the list of what we have and what we nEed is in post number one. I keep that up to date as people ship me stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay put together what I could last night it is just a few things keeping this truck from starting to look like a truck and not just a pile of parts. Well here is another crappy picture from me to you of what is put together so far the rest of the stuff is still in boxes.
IMG00640-1.jpg

Got another box of parts today. And two other packages on the way. Our list of need parts is shrinking.

Thank you to all who have donated so far.

Have gotten a few more donations but we still need some more stuff. I was hoping to get this done for xmas. Let me know if you have anything even if it is just a single part.

What We Need still

Braces that go through the bulkhead for upper a arm pins.
Alum crossbraces for the motor mount plate.
XL/Flux Dogbones
XL/Flux Outdrives
XL center dogbones and drive cups
Flux Motor mount
Spider Gears (Need 1)
Alum Diff cup (Need 1 More)
Bearings for wheels and pinion gears (12 total)
Flux Trans
Skid plates(Need 2)
Tires
Unpainted Body
Screws, Bushings any of the small parts

I have the following, unfortunately all used:

I have a bunch of used bearings - how many you need?
Tires: I have stock tires and rims from a 21/25 - decent shape, but better than nothing if you need them.
I also have lower control arms
skid plates
braces for a-arms - do you mean upper or lower?

Let me know what you need, I will try to get it out today or tomorrow.

Bob

What We Need still

Braces that go through the bulkhead for upper a arm pins.
Alum crossbraces for the motor mount plate.
XL/Flux Dogbones
XL/Flux Outdrives

Wheel outdrives or diff outputs?

XL center dogbones and drive cups
Flux Motor mount
Spider Gears (Need 1)
Alum Diff cup (Need 1 More)
Bearings for wheels and pinion gears (12 total)

What size? 8x 16?

Flux Trans

Skid plates(Need 2)

Tires
Unpainted Body
Screws, Bushings any of the small parts

Just ordered:

2x savage flux/xl diff's and housings

8x 8x16 bearings

Savage flux idler gear- $8

Center and outer savage flux dogbones

Well for all those who don't know BL Boy is the kid I was doing this for. He sold off his slash to buy the remaining parts for the truck. I will be dropping everything off to him next weekend as he would like to build it himself. I think it is acutually a good idea myself for him to do it. It will give him a chance to learn more about the truck.

To all those that donated parts Thank you. Ben AKA BLboy16 will be posting up pics of the build as it goes I am sure.

Well first off I would like to say Thank you to all who have donated- I really appreciate the help and parts.

A special thank you to Core, who walked up to me-without knowing me, and handed me New savage flux wheel tires, and a barely used body!!!

And to Alex for organizing this whole thing for me :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ON TO THE BUILD!

I had to sell all but one of my cars to finish off the build, I have coming from ebay:
Set of Savage xl Differentials, in bulkheads
Center Dogbones
Outer dogbones
Savage Flux slipper and spur assembly
Savage flux idler
Skidplates
Bumpers
And the savage flux motor mount setup

Diffs, dogbones, and idler have arrived!

Here are current pics

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0137.jpg

PICT0136.jpg

Whats up with the plastic ring around the drive cups for the center drive?

Have everything all laid out for the tvp's and trans.

Setup will be the Castle MMM 2200kv motor (same as rtr flux with a different heatsink design)
22t pinion, 25 for speed :)
My spektrum receiver
Screw kit to put it all together

no worries ben, always glad to help.
what are you guys using for a motor mount ?

what's left then ben ? battery boxes, esc... ?

do you guys need a template for the battery box mounts to transfer to your xl tvps ?

no worries ben, always glad to help.
what are you guys using for a motor mount ?

what's left then ben ? battery boxes, esc... ?

do you guys need a template for the battery box mounts to transfer to your xl tvps ?

i spent the last of my cash on the flux motor mount setup, alex has the flux battery trays, No battery box mounts, i might be able to fab some up

i spent the last of my cash on the flux motor mount setup, alex has the flux battery trays, No battery box mounts, i might be able to fab some up

i think you're going to have to do a little moddin' to get the 2200 to fit in the flux motor mount if you're using the stock mount. i have battery box mounts and the esc mount if you're interested. i wasn't sure what y'all still needed or i woulda just given it to ya then. the battery mount set also has the spur cover in it.

i think you're going to have to do a little moddin' to get the 2200 to fit in the flux motor mount if you're using the stock mount. i have battery box mounts and the esc mount if you're interested. i wasn't sure what y'all still needed or i woulda just given it to ya then. the battery mount set also has the spur cover in it.

The motor mount is easy enough to mod to fit. They are basically the same motor. diameter cant be too far off. maybe 3-4 mm.

Battery mounts would be great if you had them, then just need to drill the flux tvp's for them, and thats easy enough to do.

The motor mount is easy enough to mod to fit. They are basically the same motor. diameter cant be too far off. maybe 3-4 mm.

Battery mounts would be great if you had them, then just need to drill the flux tvp's for them, and thats easy enough to do.

ok, they're yours then.

Brushlessboy16 is the kid that is getting the truck.

as far as what he will break. It all depends on how he drives it.

I just got to thinking, Has anyone ever done a savage with a flat chassis?

The front and rear assemblies would drop right on, get a center diff, mount the mattery trays flat, make braces for the front/rear assemblies from turnbuckles or something to that effect. and then you have a Bl savage truggy :)

Heres a mugen setup with flux battery trays
mbx6t10.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back