Help me help a kid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he really do anything wrong?

I don't see it as he did..guy got a donation. There are tons of parts that circulate this forum and then get sold off... Whats any different with this build? I don't believe once he got the truck parts from everyone his truck was property of HPISF. I can understand how people can be ****ed but let the people that gave he parts come in here and complain.. there is no need to get people that had NOTHING to do with it come in here and stir stuff up.. Kinda pointless IMO. I honestly feel lj's post on rctech was tacky.. makes the site look bad. You really think those guys over there care about what we "donated"?

20587643.2cents.gif

I hear ya JR, but he got a donation under false pretenses (or at a minimum mis-understood pretenses). If I put up a collection for you to help defray the costs of your chemotherapy, but you don't actually get chemotherapy - is it Ok for you to just say Thanks and keep the money without saying anything else?

Just my $0.02.

Bob

This is what makes it worse for me. I spoke to him 2 weeks ago at the season opener race at my local hobby track. He was all cool and friendly until I mentioned the Flux. Then he was no where to be found. I didn't realize it until now, since I was fighting with my son's truck all day - but now it adds up.

Alex tried to do something nice, and he took advantage. If Alex put it together under the impression that he was in a bad way, as soon as he found out, he should have thanked everyone profusely, and declined it - or - auctioned it off for a charity - whatever.

Hope I don't run into him again at Hobby Hut. Won't be pretty.

Bob

Good point Bob, but i guess i would have more of a problem with this if the kid came here and asked for parts & then sold the parts.

But he didn't.

I'm not sure he even asked for a savage or help building one.

I'm also not sure that alex said "you can have this truck on the condition you don't want it you give it back"

So based on what i know i can't harbour any ill feelings either way.

i donated the body, wheels/tires and some other misc things, not a big deal, but all stuff i could/should have sold on my own. alex put a lot of time, effort, and possibly his own donations into the effort and is more or less the person who took the biggest hit. besides of course for whatever idiot actually purchased that abomination under the pretense it was actually a flux. going back through this build thread, if you want your own truck home made from bits and scraps, fine... but for someone to actually purchase this thing... wow.

as far as selling on rctech goes, i prolly would too, that sale/trade forum is crazy busy, i actually found his because i'm considering selling mine and was price checking.

... on another note freezebyte (or whatever) sold his too and was trolled pretty hard in his sale thread. just in case anyone actually wondered what ever happened to him.

I am sorry for the delay in posting. Been a bad day.

Here is all I know. Ben had asked me about buying a flux roller but he had no where near the amount of money needed. I deceided that I would try to help the kid out and hence this whole thing.

A few months back Ben asked me if I would consider buying the flux back from him for the cost of the parts he put into it as he need the cash. I declined the offer. I felt it would be in bad taste to do such a thing. Ben said he would keep it than. He did run it and from what he told me loves the thing.

I talked to him yesterday for the first time since than. Talked about the coming season and he never even mentioned the fact that he was selling the flux. Than I see this.

I have taken alot of crap for doing this for him and for him to turn around and do this I just don't know how someone does that. I have had stuff given to me and if the time comes that I no longer need it I will either return it or if the person doesn't want it I will give it to someone else who does need it. I don't understand how someone can take something given to them and try to make a profit on it.

Now to all those who donated. All I can say is that I am very sorry for the way this went. I did not know. As said before I will be more than happy to make it right by you. PM me with what you donated and the money you put out to ship it and I will repay you and replace the parts. I don't really know how else to make it right with you as most of you gave simply because it was me asking and I feel I have let you down.

no worries from me pope. it's all good, ya live ya learn. only thing it really ends up hurtin' is the community in general since some people are always willing to pass along things they'll just be rethinking it now.

Yeah, I doubt your gonna find anyone here who 'wants their money back' Pope. It just sucks because, like Core said, people are gonna be really apprehensive about donating anything again after this. That truck would have been better off as the Raffle truck that has been mentioned in the Raffle Feeler thread, and made some money for the forum.

I just feel like crap for the whole thing and you guys are family just want to make it right for those who gave.

Here is all I know. Ben had asked me about buying a flux roller but he had no where near the amount of money needed.

i still don't think the kid did anything wrong really. But in the future let's stick to donating parts & all that for ourselves only.

Looking back on it, if in the future a kid asks for a flux and don't have the money,

tell him to get a job and earn one.

Looking back on it, if in the future a kid asks for a flux and don't have the money,

i agree totally. not meaning to sound like a hardtail bcuz u here that know me know i'm a fair guy....but i better not meet up with this person. Alex's heart is too big for stuff like this. and....i don't like it when my family is hurt..

i still don't think the kid did anything wrong really. But in the future let's stick to donating parts & all that for ourselves only.

amen on that one fred!

Wow...you guys are generous...I wouldn't take it as a bad exerience, because it was all done out of good will. What is given freeley always comes back 10 fold...or so I am told.

:peace:
Yeah, I doubt your gonna find anyone here who 'wants their money back' Pope. It just sucks because, like Core said, people are gonna be really apprehensive about donating anything again after this. That truck would have been better off as the Raffle truck that has been mentioned in the Raffle Feeler thread, and made some money for the forum.

I read the whole thread and have to agree the whole situation sucks but as a family we learn and grow stronger from this kinda stuff. I'll donate anything I got that someone needs! Just let me know!Lets get a raffle going and build our own truck make money for the forum! just a thought.

I did not donate to this but if we were to do a truck as a group for the forum I would be all in. Alex I consider you a friend, and I think what you did was with the best of intentions. That is what all of those that consider themselves to be good people do. Sometimes it turns out all good, other times not. Either way we move on. Much props to ypu for the heart felt effort man.

Latest posts

Members online

Back