help! crazy engine!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
alright, well i think i figured out my problem, but I'm lookin for input.

i already know that my glowplug is burnt out, and i have new fuel lines, the tank has a good seal, and my filter isnt clogged. i checked my LSN gap and it seems to be at about 1mm.

what would cause my truck to run like its either flooded or not getting enough fuel. i ran 4 tanks through it, and on the 5th tank, after about 1 min of driving, i lost all power and it barley made it back to the place i was standing. the engine has been running aroun 170* and hasn't gone past 176* since ive had it out this week. it sounds like it is barley makeing enough heat to combust.

help! I'm supposed to go bash with blazer and zud tomorrow and i really want a good running truck!

a quick question at the start is it real bad and near the end do you get more power if so lean it out coz it may be flooding and not able to burn all of the fuel

I'm pretty sure its too rich, i didnt want to lean it out too much before, cus i didnt have a temp gun. ill make sure to do the pinch test, and its a f4.6 engine.

its easy to start, but it doesnt idle right. i adjusted the carb to be at 1mm closed, but i didnt get a chance to get out and run it.

the other thing is, is my air filter tube has a fuel like residue in it, what is that from?

Too much fuel Or more likely there is to much oil in the filter element. Which would starve carb for air and sufficate it. Before you go tweakin needles pull the filter off and see if you can get it to clean up. If so wring the extra filter oil out and try it again. Just a thought.

ill try to get a bit of the oil out. i bough a pre oiled set from hpi, so i thought they must of put the right amount in. guess not.

thanks for the help guys.

i should...new fuel lines. ill take it apart tomorrow if it comes down to that. i may of forgotten to take papertowel out of it or something. but it would of probably surfaced before on the 7 or 8 tanks before that.

The preasure nipple on the pipe can get plugged too. Leave the preasure line on the pipe and blow through the end that was attacked to the lid on the tank. Make sure its not clogged.

i am prolly running to rich, I'm going to reset it today and go from there, I'm using byrons 20% nitro. i was usin wildcat eliminator 20%, but both of my lhs's stopped carrying it.

i had an os8 plug then i had a dynamite r5 plug. i have to run down to the lhs in wapak, and pick up some more and a gallon of fuel. I'm not a big fan of this byrons.

yeah, i know, me and blazer had this discussion yesterday. the dynamite r5 is a longer plug. ill be picking up several of those today along with some eliminator fuel, i just seemed to have better luck wit the eliminator. it seems to make more power. i had to get byrons cus my lhs in MI stopped carrying the eliminator.

hahahaha i wish i could but i will soon!!!

like i said cant thank you enough man!!!

yeah, i know, me and blazer had this discussion yesterday. the dynamite r5 is a longer plug. ill be picking up several of those today along with some eliminator fuel, i just seemed to have better luck wit the eliminator. it seems to make more power. i had to get byrons cus my lhs in MI stopped carrying the eliminator.

wildcat eliminator is great fuel and i agree it does seem to produce better power!!!

well guys, ive about had it with this motor. i went ou tto blazer's house, and it started right up, no problems, but the carb still needed to be tweaked. so we load up and go out to a school to bash, and the freakin truck will now start. id doesnt help that both of my rotostart, and both of zud00's batteries were dead, but I'm looking for a new engine anways.

lrp28r spec 3 or a .32 engine. suggestions?

I've got the LRP sittin in my truck right now but haven't got the chance yet to break it in(weather related).Its one the hottest mills out there and is also easy on the budget(on tower $169).It also keeps gettin rave reviews.

Latest posts

Members online

Back