Guess who's going BL | "THE KiDD's" Savy Flux Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the guy with the MMM called me today and said he couldn't make it out because of the weather, it wasn't even that bad but i guess what ever floats his boat. So it may be next week end for the MMM.

Looking good Brandon!

Do you have any pics of the clearance on the shock and upper a arm?
Did you use the stock mounting on the tup of the shock? I can't really tell in the pics.

You must have a good pvc cutter, with the one I got from Home Depot I get a squarer cut with my hacksaw.

Keep it coming bud!

Here is your pics Texas.

FRONT
IMG_3808.jpg

REAR
IMG_3809.jpg

Thought i would take a few pictures of the PVC cutter in action :)

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

Need your guys opinion, which looks better?
** NOTE the yellow rulux's will be dyed black **

Half-up 1/2" offset Rulux's
IMG_3810.jpg

1/2" offset Dish
IMG_3812.jpg

Rulux's on the left dishes on the right
IMG_3813.jpg

and here are a few pictures of the converted trans

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

I personally like the rulux better. I just got a set myself with badlands. Did you mount the bead on the inner ring or the outer? Kinda looks like the outer ring since the sidewall has the buldge. I mounted them to the inner ring and glued them and glued the to the outer ring also. The sidewall looks much better, and being glued twice, should never come off.

There is a inner ring and outer ring ?
I guess mine are mounted on the outer ring.

I like the rulux better too.
For some reason the badlands look to small with the dish wheels on the XL tvps and with the rulux wheels they look decent.

Can you snap a pic of yours ?

wow they look like there mounted on normal wheels haha.
Ill dye my wheels and mess around with them.

I also noticed the badlands stretched from being on the rulux wheels, i took the rulux wheel off and put on the dish and it slid right on with about 1/8" of play between the dish and the tire.

The bead on yours is sitting inbetween the lip and the inner ring. If you move the bead to the inner ring and glue it, the sidewall will still be tight on the lip and you can just run another bead of glue. It just gets rid of the buldge and looks a little better imo. I like this combo either way.

Yup, the rulux wheel are a little bit bigger. They are the same size as proline lpr. Set up like this reduces the sidewall for less side wall roll.

ok cool, learn something new every day.
I was going to sell the rulux wheels and go with the dish but now after seeing yours and understanding the wheel more ill keep them. Get some ritz dye tomorrow after work and ye the black.

I also have a set of dirtbonz on the rulux 1/2 ups. Those didnt matter where I glued the bead since they are much wider. They fit and look pretty good too.

So just to make sure i understand this.
I put the bead along the "red" line correct ?

IMG_3819-1.jpg

I just saw something really wrong with that photo, and i didn't even mean to do it. I wont say anything you guys have to fend for your self =P

Thanks for the pics! Putting the shocks on the outer lip sure makes a big difference (front compared to back).

I like the Rulux's rockout
IMG_3810.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Putting the shocks on the outer lip sure makes a big difference (front compared to back).

I like the Rulux's rockout
IMG_3810.jpg

Yeah for some reason the springs rub on the upper arms more on the front then the back. Ill be dying the rulux black when i get the ritz dye so they should look killer.

Yeah for some reason the springs rub on the upper arms more on the front then the back. Ill be dying the rulux black when i get the ritz dye so they should look killer.

Yes I noticed that as well.

Those are going to look great! I bought some badlands on ebay a while back and they were mounted on yellow dishes. I wish they weren't glued yet but the price was right, or else I would have dyed them too.

Great thread Brandon! I always like how you attach lots of pics rockout

Pics are worth 1000 words, saves me all the typing :)
Bake your badlands hahah
Safe way of breaking the CA bead and you will be able to dye the wheels.

Ok Jeff i found some time to mount 1 tire on the outer ring and 1 on the inside ring.

• One on the left is outer ring one on the right is inner ring
IMG_3844.jpg

• Inner
IMG_3845.jpg

• Outer
IMG_3846.jpg

• Width compassion | inner right | outer left
IMG_3847.jpg

I personally think they look much better on the inside ring. But its your call. Thats why I suggested to look at it both ways so you can decide for yourself.

I personally think they look much better on the inside ring. But its your call. Thats why I suggested to look at it both ways so you can decide for yourself.

IMO i like the inner better.
Gives it more of a LPR tire look.
Ill grab some ritz dye and dye them black, and see what they look like after that.

The inner bead mounts will help in turning and accelarations out of corners. The outer bead will help on straights and normal straight driving.

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. Just playing the waiting game. Buddy with the MMM combo should of been here last week end but never showed up because of the weather (snow), he mean't to come on Wednesday but he thought i lived in a Different town so he didn't want to travel 45mins out of his way to come back so he should and better be here tomorrow. Also going to pick up a 40w soldering iron and get these deans on my packs and since it will be my first time soldering it might not work out so good :lmao:

i would definitely tape the badlands... i made the mistake of not. And it made driving in a straight line a little difficult with these brushless systems...

I have heard good things about mounting on the inner bead... i may give it a go next time too...

But gorilla tape is the best tape i have come across so far and with a quick alcohol rub down, the tape will NOT come off!

loving the build!

Latest posts

Members online

Back